3 am

Sams apartment was pitch black except for the glow of the five candles. He had them positioned in a half circle around his seated body. He held his hands together tightly looking up at the camera. Through the viewfinder, he saw himself, he looked like a ghost. Pale light hitting his face yet he looked so scary as dark shadows crossed his face. He yawned subconsciously, his body was trying to tell him how tired he was.

"I know I said I wasn't going to do another 3am challenge but here we are. You guys seem to like them so much," Sam said to the camera.

He sat in his living room on the floor, candles in front of him. It wasn't really 3am, he lied, but his viewers don't need to know that. Instead, from his stove clock the numbers 11:15, glowed red. He wasn't really going to be doing a challenge but rather try to see if his apartment is haunted. He recently has been hearing creaks and groans throughout the tiny space. Sometimes it happened in the middle of the night other times in the middle of the day. At first he didn't notice, he just thought it was the people above his apartment walking around or someone fixing something. But when some of his stuff started disappearing and showing up days later in a different place than where he put it, he got very concerned. And when his lights flickered at random times and his room would turn freezing cold he got very concerned.

"Well I guess its not really a 3am challenge. Basically I'm just trying to see if my apartment is haunted," he spoke again to the camera. He explained to the camera about how his things have gone missing and other stuff that's happened since he's moved in. He didn't think it was Colby, his best friend, pulling pranks on him. Or any other of his friends for that matter. He knew this was something out of their reach, something they weren't capable of doing.

While he spoke, a loud crash outside his window made him jump. He laughed lightly while looking behind him, outside. But he saw nothing. No broken glass, no car accident, nothing. His heartbeat rose increasingly as he turned back around. He took a deep breath.

"If there is anyone here with me right now, please make yourself known," Sam said quietly. He listened to the quiet, eyes roaming the dark living room.

There was nothing. He released a breath he didn't know he was holding. The candles flickered in front of him. He tried the question again.

This time something did happen. Another loud crash sounded but this time in his apartment. Sam jumped onto his knees as he was sitting crisscross. His eyes landed on the cardboard package that came in the mail today. He hadn't opened it yet and had set it on the kitchen counter when he got home today. Now it's laying on the ground.

Sam grabbed the camera and zoomed in on the package explaining the significance of it. His breath came in short gasps.

"Maybe its just a coincidence. I could've set it on the edge and didn't realize," Sam said. He was trying to convince himself that it was nothing to worry about. He placed the camera back on the tripod and sat behind the candles again.

"Make yourself known," Sam said again, forcefully. Seconds ticked by before anything happened again. A tiny, small, almost silent knock on the wall made him jump again. He whipped his head in the direction, running his hand through his blonde hair. He let out a shaky breath, maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

He stayed quiet, afraid if he spoke again another noise would sound. His eyes darted across his dark living room, finally landing on his camera.

"Woah, okay this is kinda freaking me out," Sam whispered. An eerie creaking noise, like a door opening, sounded suddenly. Sam stared wide eyed at the camera lens, afraid to look.

Then a loud cackling laugh was heard. It was close, in his apartment somewhere. The laugh sounded cartoonish yet very scary. Sam got to his feet, grabbing the camera and tiptoes to his spare room.