work from home

Colby trudged his way up the driveway, the mail securely wrapping in his hands. This was the only exciting part of the day now- getting the mail. It was only a ten step adventure from his front door to the mailbox but it was more than laying on the couch all day.

He set the few envelopes of mail on the kitchen counter and proceeded back into the living room. He sat back down on the couch where he was minutes ago and let out a loud groan. He leaned back into the cushions and closed his eyes. His fingers were hurting from clacking away on his computer and his eyes burned from staring at the screen for so long. He eventually grabbed his computer again and continued his working.

It was his own fault really for taking a job that could be done at home. His thoughts often wandered up to his bedroom where he imagined taking naps or the kitchen where he could snack all day. He even thought about doing the laundry just to get working off his mind. And of course he misses Sam, everyday. There were times when Colby spaced out picturing what Sam would do to him late at night and it made him work faster knowing that Sam would be home shortly.

But today was dragging, it was just after noon and Colby's eyes kept finding themselves in the lower right side of his screen, checking the time. And it couldn't go by any slower. His next break was in half an hour and he decided that he was going to call Sam. Just to hear Sams voice would satisfy his needs right now. After finishing some of the paperwork, his eyes once again wandered to the clock and he saw it was time for his break. He fished his phone out of his pocket and dialed Sams number that he knows by heart.

"Babe?" Sams voice seemed to float through the speaker.

"Hi," Colby breathed out. He ran a hand through his hair. He heard Sam chuckle and ask, "Is everything alright?"

"I'm fine. I just wanted to hear your voice because I miss you so much," Colby said.

"Aw I miss you too, baby boy. How about we go out tonight- a fancy restaurant?"

Colby's cheeks heated up at Sams nickname. He has been calling Colby that a lot recently and Colby isn't quite sure how to react. But he thinks he likes it.

"That sounds amazing," Colby said. His eyes darted to the clock again and he saw only five minutes had passed.

"Ok well I'll be home by six. So be ready by then and we'll go, okay?" Sam murmured and Colby could hear paper rustling in the background.

"Ok Sammy, I love you," Colby replied. After Sam had said it back Colby hung up. He let out a long sigh before heading into the kitchen to fix himself a snack. After his break was over he went back to work, his computer sitting on the coffee table as he sorted through papers. He filled in missing words and revised and edited then moved to the computer to type away emails and lengthy paragraphs to send to his boss. But a smile was plastered onto his face just thinking about Sam.

Right at 5pm, Colby clocked out of work and immediately got up to get ready. He left his almost dead computer and all the unorganized papers alone and walked upstairs to the bedroom. Colby had been thinking for the past hour about what he was going to wear. He rifled through his drawers in the closet before pulling out his black skinny jeans. He also pulled out his Gucci belt to go along with the pants. After throwing those on the bed, he walked back into the closet and sorted through his more dressy T-shirt's that were hanging up. He decided to go with a black and white striped shirt that Sam always compliments him on.

After changing into his picked out outfit he decided to spruce it up a little. He walked into the bathroom and attached a chain necklace around his neck and picked out three simple rings to wear. He knew Sam loved his rings so he made sure to wear some tonight. He placed his all black converse by the door so he could slide them on when they were ready to leave. At this point it wasn't even 5:30pm yet.