long live

"Sam Golbach and Colby Brock," he said into the microphone. The crowd erupted into cheers as they made their way to the stage, hand in hand. Colby  helped Sam climb the steps and they walked towards him. He was the former king but now it was Colby and Sam. They were the kings.

The crowd was still screaming and shouted. And they smiled until their face hurt. Sam squeezed Colby's hand. His eyes were sparking as the camera flashes caught the moment in history.

"Calm down, calm down," former king James said. Slowly, the crowed settled down and they all took their seat. Colby wrapped an arm around Sam's waist and pulled him closer.

"Now I present to you, the kings of Havenville, Sam Golbach and Colby Brock. I wish them a successful 4 years," former king James says.

James Frazzel was now the former king of Havensville. For this occasion, he wore a black suit with a white undershirt. He wore a light blue tie. His blonde hair was slicked back making him look older than 40. But really he was 35, his wife was only 33. He shook both Sam and Colby's hand.

Sam and Colby walk up to him. James hands them both crowns. He places them on their heads. Colby's ears are ringing from all the shouts and screams. Sam held onto Colby tightly. They walked to the microphone and the arena went quiet.

And there was silence as their eyes wandered over the people, their people. Colby cleared his throat and leaned forward to press his lips to the microphone. Sam's hand started to shake in Colby's hand. Colby gave him a reassuring smile before he spoke.

"Remember this moment. Store it in the back of your mind. This is the end of the decade," he paused for suspense, "but the start of an age."

Colby smiled proudly as his words floated through the air and into the ears of the crowd. His eyes looked over at Sam as the crowd screamed once again. He stood with his head held high, like he was a hero. And Colby loved it. He leaned forward and captured Sam's lips with his.

Sam wrapped his hands around Colby's  waist, pulling their bodies close. The crowd was going crazy now. Ear piercing screams bounced around the building as they kissed. When they pulled apart, Sam had tears in his eyes that Colby wiped away.

"We did it baby," Colby murmured to Sam.

Sam laughed quietly and nodded his head because he was so happy. They waved goodbye and started walking off stage. They could hear James announcing the celebration party that would take place tonight.

Once off stage, they wrapped their arms around each other. Backstage helpers came up to them, congratulating them. Some patted them on the back others smiled. Soon James rounded the corner to them and embraced them in a hug.

"Congratulations! Now let's get ready for the party shall we?" James said. He wore a wide smile and the bodyguards led them to their car. They were going to the castle, where they would spend the next 4 years together.

The short trip was over and soon they were hurried into the castle, away from straying eyes. Colby held onto Sam tightly, wanting to experience everything together. First they were greeted by James's wife, Annalise. She had on a light blue dress that fell to her ankles. She wore white heels, making her taller than everyone in the room. She had green eyes and brown hair. She rushed to her husband and enveloped him into a hug.

Then she hugged both Sam and Colby, surprising them both. After they chatted for a few minutes, someone cleared their throat. They all looked up to see a muscular man with a sword tucked into his pants. Sam cowered down behind Colby.

"We must introduce you to everyone. Then you shall go and get ready, your majesty," he said. His voice was rough and hoarse, like he screamed all the time. James quickly apologized.