Rush hour

My alarm went off around 5:30 this morning, it was more annoying than usual. I would have laid in bed a while longer but there was no way that would be possible. So I slid out from underneath my comforter and silky white sheets letting my bare feet hit the cold floor.

I sluggishly walked into my closet turning on my light looking for an outfit suitable for my first day at a new school. I wasn't sure what I was going for, the usual extreme which consisted of a full face of makeup and my best-heeled boots or a bare face and some sneakers. So I settled on something simple, my favorite pair of blue jeans overall-shorts, a soft pink shirt, and my white sneaker. Comfortable but still cuter than a pair of sweatpants.

I walked into my bathroom brushing my teeth and looking at my wild curly hair that fell to my collarbone

I walked into my bathroom brushing my teeth and looking at my wild curly hair that fell to my collarbone. I quickly brushed through it loosening up my natural curls before putting on a bit of mascara that made my blue eyes pop, high light, and lip gloss hearing Ben and Jack race each other down the stairs after mom.
Before leaving my room I grabbed my small pink backpack and my iPhone going into the hallway where mom was getting the car keys. It's official 6:00 o'clock which meant it's rush hour and we were all in a rush to get out of the house before we're late.

Jack and I got in the backseat while mom and Ben rode in the front. "Today's shift might go over time since I'm going to have to get the hang of a new hospital," Mom says as we pull out of the driveway and down the street.
"Which means you'll have to use what money you have to get dinner." Mom said glancing at both of us before stopping in front of our new high school. "Have a good time at school, and please whatever you do don't get into trouble," Mom says kissing our cheeks as we all get out of the car and walk up the stairs to the entrance of the school.

"Great we missed having breakfast," Ben says to no one in particular as we all walk into the school which was actually massive. It reminded me of one of the high schools you'd see in a movie. The first thing you see as you enter the building is a huge lunchroom with at least 100 tables from one end of the room to the other.

We all walked into the office and got our schedules made which didn't take very long. Just some typing and a couple of phone calls. The principal insisted it would be extremely easy to find our classes since ever room had a number, teacher's name and class subject on the wall beside the door. After looking over our schedules together we all separated and went different directions. And just my luck first period was Ap human geography, all the way across the commons area and upstairs. I would have appreciated a closer classroom for the first period because my tired legs feel like they're dragging across the tile floor and up the flight of stairs.

I continued to huff and mentally sulking. It was absolutely nerve-wracking at this point, I don't know anyone, I'm not great at making friends with other people, to say the least, and I wasn't some big jock that could make crowds of people adore them as my older brothers could. But maybe if I'm lucky I could somehow how not make everyone hate me.

After another moment of serious contemplation, I stepped in the classroom and quietly shut the door behind them attempting to avoid eye contact from anyone looking for the teacher. She was sitting at the other end of the classroom behind a large wooden desk. I made my way to her holding my new schedule that was folded up in my hand.

"Hi, you must be the new student." The teacher with short curly gray hair, Mrs. Wallace says in a happy voice perking up. "That's me," I say genuinely smiling back at her showing her my schedule. "Luke Hemmings, welcome to this classroom and the school," she says looking over my schedule and back to me.

"The principal mentioned that you're from Arizona and you have two older brothers." Mrs. Wallace says handing my schedule back to me. "Yeah we actually just finished unpacking yesterday and mom said starting school the sooner the better," I say putting my schedule in my pocket sitting in the back of the classroom near Mrs. Wallace's desk and a huge window that looks out at the football field where Ben and Jack would be spending all of their time soon.

~Authors note ~
Thanks for reading there's a lot more coming. Follow me and I'll follow back, I reply to comments feel free to dm me. ♥︎