terminal

Luke's pov

I woke up seeing the lights creep through the blinds in a hospital, my head was throbbing and my vision felt blurred. I ran my hand across the stitches that poked through the french braid I know my mother had done in my hair looking down at the clear elastic bands she used in her own. I heard the door creak open and footsteps around the corner.

My heart and picked up the pace and my stomach sank. Jace. "Hi, Luke." He says in an endearing manner walking over to my bedside peering down at me. "Why are you here?" I say quietly not having the strength to raise my voice. "Well to apologize for earlier and get you out of this shit hole of course." He says pulling the wires and IVs off of my arms.
"P-please no," I say in pain, hearing my voice break which only made him smile. "Awe Lukey don't I can't just leave you." He says throwing the blanket off exposing my bare pale legs. "I don't please," I say trying my best to push my pale yellow nightgown down to cover my thighs. "You're a real cutie aren't you." He says pulling a needle and syringe from his jacket taking off the cap and sticking it into my arm slowly releasing the substance inside. I quickly felt my heartbeat slow down and my eyes drift closed.

I woke up feeling completely drained laying in an empty hotel room with a gun laying on the bedside table along with a phone. I was absolutely terrified I had no clue where I was or when he'd be back. I grabbed the phone and gun, running into the bathroom locking the door and sinking into the floor between the bathtub and the sink. My heart was pounding and I could feel a heavy throb in my head. I quickly dialed Ashton's number getting no answer. I done it a few times and eventually gave up on trying to reach him. So I dialed Alec and was hoping he'd answer which reluctantly he did.
I laid my head back against the wall feeling relief wash over me hearing his voice through the phone. I told him where I'm at, he said Ashton was coming. I needed him more than ever and he was already on his way to get me. I could hear his heavy steps as he walked down the hallway and stopped to open the door. I quickly tucked my legs against me holding the gun the way Mack had shown me. He walked further into the room no longer seeing me laying on the bed. "Fuck! Luke why are you making things worse for yourself." He says now standing in front of the bathroom door turning the handle realizing it was locked.

"Come on don't make me do this." He says with a sadistic laugh before going completely silent then breaking the lock off the door making it swing open. "You didn't really think that was going to stop me did you?" He asks looking at the door barely hanging on the hinge. I couldn't stop myself from shaking I tried to hold the gun up but it was so heavy in my hands that were feeling extremely weak.
"Now sweetheart just look at yourself." He says looking down at me crumpled against the floor barely able to hold onto the heavy gun in my hand. "Stay away from me," I say in a shaky voice knowing that it was doing me no good. "Are you really that scared of me?" He asks leaning against the door frame that made him look even larger. "No I'm not Ashton won't let you h-hurt me," I say trying to hold up his gun I had taken from the bedroom as much as possible feeling warm tears cover my cheeks. "Come on you couldn't really shoot me you know this right." He says laughing at me rolling his eyes. "Y-Yes I can!" I say loudly pulling the trigger watching the bullet go into the wall but his expression never changed. "Then do it." He says flatly glaring at me making my skin crawl. "I'm not like you I don't want to kill anyone I-I don't wanna hurt people," I say feeling my arms get weary from holding the gun up.

"Then what Luke you won't shoot me you've just admitted it." He says standing in front of me looking down at me. "I-I've called him and he's on his way!" I say praying that Alec wasn't lying to me. "That's not good Luke why would you do something like that now he's going to come here and see you in a puddle of your own blood and I'll have to kill him next," Jace says his voice lacking in emotion and his facial expression never changing. "Don't fucking touch me!" I scream as he steps closer and I pull the trigger a second time watching the bullet go into his upper leg making him drop down to his knees. "Now look what you've done Luke, are you gonna kill me?!" He asks laughing holding his leg but the blood keeps gushing onto the floor. "Leave me alone!" I say looking at his seeing his dyed blonde hair fall against his forehead covered in sweat beads. "Well, I can't do that Luke," Jace says glaring at me seeing his hand cover in his own blood. "What do I have to do for you to leave me alone," I say my voice breaking watching as pain comes over him. "Why should I even give you that option." He says glancing up from his leg back at me. "B-because I don't want you to die I don't want anyone to die!" I yell standing up slowly back against the wall holding the gun firmly no longer shaking. "You make no fucking sense blondie, what are you going to do now." He says looking at me holding the gun directly at him knowing if I pulled the trigger again he wouldn't make it. "I care about people no matter who or how wrong they've done me," I say quietly looking down at him handing him a towel to press on his leg. "I don't understand why you need to hurt everyone," I say watching as the blood continued I soak the towel. "Because they're the ones who have made my life miserable." He says glaring up at me expressionlessly looking down the barrel of the gun. "No, it's clear whoever you've let put this idea of needing to kill other people in order to feel better," I say bitterly, wishing I could step around him but I know he hasn't given up the idea of killing me and Ashton. "There are terrible people just like me Luke don't you understand that?" He says trying to tie the towel around his leg so it stops the blood from pouring although it had already covered the floor where he's sitting. "I had nothing to do with this and you want to kill me to be spiteful," I say leaning back against the wall wondering how I got myself into this mess. "You know this doesn't mean I still don't want him to suffer which is why I want you dead first," Jace says glaring up at me sweat covering his forehead. "Let me out of here or I'll shoot you in the head I swear to god," I say sternly felling my stomach churn seeing his blood puddle near my bare feet.

"What'd he ever do to you?" I ask watching as he struggled to get up off the floor and stand letting me move quickly past him out of the bathroom. "Hazel had a thing for him to they fucked actually and then he was just watching when Will tried to kill me." He says leaning on the counter glaring at me holding onto the broken door frame. "It sounds like you had a shitty girlfriend, and maybe because you did try killing Alec and that's your brother," I say looking over at him tilting my head. "She was there for me when I lost my mom she was the only one who cared." He says gripping the counter tightly turning his knuckles white. "I know better you closed yourself off about it, anyone with a good heart would care," I say watching his expression soften. "How could you know you don't know shit about me or what happened." He says glaring at me. "Because I know it hurt Alec and he's told me about it and he told me why it happened and you can't stay mad at them when it was your dad who killed her," I say hearing a car engine outside. He didn't have anything to say after that it's like he was still processing everything he had been through. "And you killed Hazel so you took the option of forgiveness away, you should listen to other people sometimes it would be easier the grieving over losing them." I say quietly sitting his phone down "Its too late for that now." He says looking completely worn down by regret "I'm sorry no one ever taught you that you need to listen to other people and you'll understand why." I say turning around and walking out the hotel room leaving him standing in the bathroom where he would have killed me if he had the chance.

I walked as fast as I could trying to keep myself up holding onto anything I could. I made my way outside seeing him getting out of Wills Jeep not even turning it off. "Ash I-I'm okay!" I yell trying to carry myself down the stairs towards him feeling the cold pavement on my bare feet. "Luke, fuck I'm so sorry." He says running over to me pulling me into a tight hug. "It's gonna be fine let's just leave," I say as he lets me go looking me up and down. "No Luke where is he I'll kill him." He says sounding broken. "I-I have his gun and I shot him in the leg I don't think he's going to come after us," I say handing Ashton Jace's gun.

"You should have killed him he won't stop until he gets what he wants," Ashton says taking the clip out of the gun emptying it. "No h-he's just misunderstood Ashton he's hurt and I talked to him," I say feeling an ache in my chest looking up at him knowing there's no way that he was going to leave here until he was dead. "No he hurt you and he's killed Noah and Liam, I won't let him just get off with that." He says walking past me up the stairs. "Ashton please don't," I say feeling my voice break making him stop and look at me. "I'm sorry Luke but no, I have to he's killed my family I found Will dead at the house earlier and I can't just let this go." He says walking into the hotel room I had just came from momentarily leaving me to cry alone in the parking lot.

You make me weak .   lashtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें