Needing him

Once he had left I stood there quietly for a moment holding onto the straps of my backpack which was hanging loosely onto my shoulders looking down at the grass and rubbing the few stray tears off my cheeks wishing that he wouldn't have walked away so quickly.

He left me standing there feeling like I was needing him.

There isn't any possible way that I'd ever forget about how much I had liked him. I slowly walked back towards the cafeteria, all the noise was zoned out, I could only hear my own thinking.

Ashton Irwin made me feel everything so deeply all at once.

No one else could make me feel the way he had. I walked quietly back into the cafeteria over to the large round table my brothers were sitting at and sat down with them between Ben and Jack. "Are you okay Lu your cheeks are red and yours eyes look puffy?" Jack asks pushing his bag of chips towards me to share. "I'm fine just flustered I guess." I say taking a few chips from the bag eating them. "Nothing you want to explain or talk about?" Ben asks completely ignoring the conversation he was just having with one of the other football players. "Why'd you ask?" I say looking over to him furrowing my eyebrows.

"Because there's some goofy ass redhead grinning at you." Ben says shrugging and pointing behind us over to Michael who was standing alone until Ashton walked over to him then towards a table not too far behind us in the cafeteria.

" Ben says shrugging and pointing behind us over to Michael who was standing alone until Ashton walked over to him then towards a table not too far behind us in the cafeteria

"Oh he's a friend." I say looking over at the two of them talking back and forth and occasionally looking over at me which only made my cheeks redden and my heart speed up. "And what about the other guy looking at you?" Ben asks looking over at them with an annoying glare.

"Friends nothing else to say." I mumble sighing and getting up from the table and walking out of the cafeteria towards the health room before next period begins seeing Mack and Lauren kissing each other in the hallway until they both notice me and began to wave me over towards them. "You really have a thing for being early." She says teasing me and smiling. "Yeah I guess you thought you'd have another five minutes or so." I say looking up at the clock and back towards Mack. "Yeah something like that." She says smiling and shrugs. "Why'd you leave the cafeteria so early?" She asks as Lauren says bye to the both of us and walks down the hall towards her next class.

"Did you give Ashton my number?" I ask although I already know she had while walking backwards facing Mack. "Yeah actually I did! I was at his apartment when you said you liked him so I kinda just gave it to him!" She says grinning proudly making me glare at her. "That's just great." I say sarcastically turning around once we were at our next class walking into the health room sitting down beside each other in the corner of the room.

"What did something happen?" She asks squinting and nudging my arm ignoring the teacher hushing us. "Yes." I say sighing and rolling my eyes not sure if it was a good thing or not.
"Well tell me I'm your best friend." She says as her blue hair falls from behind her ears around her heart shaped face. "He kissed me and told me that he didn't wanna get to know me or something like that." I say sighing realizing it sounded even more confusing say it out loud than thinking about it. "Wait he kissed you?" She says sounding giddy making the teacher hush us again. "Then he walked away." I say leaning my head into my hands.

"What else did he say?!" She says laughing and our teacher finally decides to send us out of the class for being interruptive which didn't really bother Mack, she grabbed our things and my hand and pulled me out of the classroom and down the hallway. "He said he liked me." I say as I follow behind her as she tugs me by my arm.
"Then that's what matters!"
She says pulling us through the exit at the end of the hallway out of the school.

"Where are we going?" I question as she continues to pull me along the sidewalk. "My place lu." She says smiling confidently pulling me to the parking lot and towards a new white convertible unlocking it and putting our bags inside. "We're going to get into so much shit for this." I say sitting down beside her buckling my seatbelt. "Trust me were going to be fine the teacher never calls the office and if anything they'll think we left during lunch." She says smiling pulling out of the school parking lot and out of the front gates.

Once we past the school grounds she had turned the music all the way up in her car and flew down the road. I sat there quietly looking out the window thinking about all the things Ashton had said before being slightly nudged and handed an aux cord to control the music in the car. I quickly plugged it into my phone and scrolled through my playlist stopping on one of my current favorite songs screaming the lyrics with Mack.

"Good to see that you've cheered up." Mack says smiling flying down the road making quick turns. "I'm not even sure this is going to work out, everything he said was confusing." I say sighing skipping to the next song on my playlist. "Yeah he can be a bit confusing at times but he never really says he likes anyone." Mack says as we pull into a long paved driveway. The ride up the driveway seemed to take as long as getting to her house. Once we stopped the house was in clear view.

She stopped the car at the bottom of the stairs, the house was huge, probably 3 stories. It had matte black walls and huge glass windows that were detailed by metal and dark wood. I sat there shocked at the size of her house before we both got out of the car together and walked up the stairs.
Mack unlocked the front door and opened it up walking inside and closing it behind us. "And this is where Mikey and I live." She says as we step further inside. The ceiling were tall and had black shiplap boards across it with large pendant lights handing down.

"Just you and Mikey?" I ask as we walk up the stairs and down a hall with similar details as the downstairs. "Yeah are parents stay in upstate New York, somewhere they basically left us with Ashton's stepdad since Mike was a Freshman." She says as my eyes bounce around to all the family pictures and decorations that hang along the walls in her house.

"Do you ever get to see them?" I question further before we stop and a huge set of doors that she easily pushes open showing me her huge expensively decorated bedroom. "No we don't they don't come to visit unless it's important usually they just send us money to make sure we have what we need." She says smiling walking over to her bed and sitting down taking off her black high heel boots and tossing them on the floor beside her bag.

" She says smiling walking over to her bed and sitting down taking off her black high heel boots and tossing them on the floor beside her bag