Wait around.

Alec's POV

"Hey Lu." I say quietly walking into the living room seeing him holding Zo. "Hi." He mumbles back holding her gently on his chest as she sleeps. "I know this isn't the ideal situation, and you probably don't want to be here, but if you need anything just say the word." I say leaning against the doorway looking at the same unreadable expression he's had since Michael left him here. "Thank you." He says not looking up at me smoothing down the wild curls on the back of Zo's head.

"Have you talked to him since he left?" Luke looks up at me with a saddened expression curling his knees into himself. "No, he said he'd call when he's ready." I say knowing that wasn't the answer Luke had been hoping to hear. "Oh." He mumbles softly laying his cheek against Zo's hair. "I know you probably don't want to talk about it Lu." I say pushing my hair back walking further into the living room sitting down across from them.

"But I guess we are, aren't we." He says sighing looking up at me trying to hide his emotions. "I think we should." I say getting a cigarette from my pack hanging it between my lips.
"Fine, just because we don't want any confusion." Luke says biting down on his lip. "Were going to wait till she's 16 to tell her that Jade is her mom and that Jace is her dad." I say lightning my cigarette taking a long drag.

"Ashton said to leave her out of this mess, and you shouldn't be smoking around her." Luke says trying not to raise his voice. "I don't think you wanna be responsible for a lie that will make her hate us, She's gonna find out everything some how Luke." I say pushing back my hair and putting out the fire on my cigarette.
"Fine then you have to tell her! You get to tell her that you aren't really her father and that her mom was killed by her own grandfather, you get to tell her this shit life she was brought into!" He screams standing up from the couch packing Zo into their room.

"Luke get back here, The conversation isn't over!" I yell not moving from my seat hearing him storm back into the living room without Zo in his arms. "What! What the hell am I supposed to say!" He says his face red from anger drowning in his own tears. "Just fucking breathe Luke!" I say walking towards him pulling him against my chest feeling his head tuck into my neck. "I know this has all ruined your life in ways you'd never even imagined, I know you've already lost so many people and went through so much being kidnapped and I cannot explain how bad I didn't want you to be pulled into this because I knew you didn't know what you were asking for." I say squeezing him tightly wiping off his tears.

"Is that why you were such a dick when we met?" He says letting out a small laugh looking up at me. "Yeah and it still didn't work, I don't know how you won me over so quick looser." I say sighing letting him go looking at his puffy red eyes. "I just didn't think it'd be all this." He says letting out a shaky breath fixing his messy hair. "I don't know how you've lived through this." He says looking up at me shaking his head. "Well once I stopped giving a fuck for other people, and just went along with all the terrible shit that we'd gotten ourselves into it got more bearable." I say biting on the end of my cigarette knowing somehow he had seen through my lies.

"It's not true." He says quietly shaking his head looking tired from crying so hard. "What do you mean." I say putting out my cigarette. "You still care for people, you loved Jade and you love Zo, and I know you love me." He says shaking his head still looking at me. "It doesn't matter who I love, I never keep the people who mean the most to me, If you haven't noticed." I say walking away from him towards the front door.

"What makes you think I'm going to leave, it's not like I have anywhere to go now." He says following behind me making me stop. "Ashton left me and I'm still here it was never my choice what happened!" Luke yells grabbing my arm. "You're not going to leave us too right?" He says his voice cracking tightening the grip around my wrist, as if he'd loose me that moment. "I don't think I could if I wanted to, I just need some air." I say clinching my jaw looking back at him seeing his broken expression. It hurt to know that we had done this to him, we had completely destroyed his life, nothing would ever be the same for him and now all he could do is wait for Ashton.