Breaking routine

Luke's pov

Today's the first day Ash and I have been able to go back to school since Zo was born. Not because I wasn't willing to go to school, but because the weather wasn't permitting anyone to leave home. School was canceled for a few weeks because of snow and low temperatures and I had slowly began a new routine taking care of Zo.
Once I woke up this morning I grabbed my clothes from the closet Ashton and I now share taking them to the bathroom that's attached to our room closing the door before undressing and turning on the shower.

I slipped inside closing the glass door behind my feeling the hot water run down my arms and steam up the glass shower doors. I washed my hair which had now laid to the middle of my back in tangled curls. After washing off I stood under the water and watched as all the suds swirled into the drain. I turned off the water and opened the door grabbing a towel off the shelf drying myself off before blow drying my hair and running a brush through it. I grabbed my underwear pulling them on along with a pair of tore black skinny jeans and a pink sweater along with a pair of socks then tying it up into a ponytail with a yellow scrunchie.

Once I was finished I walked out of the bathroom sliding on a pair of white vans walking across the hallway going into Zo's dimly lit nursery

Once I was finished I walked out of the bathroom sliding on a pair of white vans walking across the hallway going into Zo's dimly lit nursery. I sighed and smiled looking down at her messy black hair and sleepy smile. I knew she wouldn't be up for another hour or so after I leave, Alec and Harry are going to come over to help take care of the baby while Ashton and I are both at school. I leaned down kissing her forehead before walking out of her nursery closing the door gently.

I grabbed my phone and backpack from the living room seeing Ashton putting on his jacket handing me my own.
"It's still cold out." Ashton says helping me pull up the zipper one my coat sighing before walking out of the house together. "It'll be over before we know it." I shrug getting in Ashton's suv pulling out of the driveway. "Harry had mentioned going back to England once the weather breaks." Ashton says, and I knew that he wasn't ready for him to leave again, it was like he was loosing another family member. He sigh in clear disappointment as he getting a text from Alec saying that he's only a few minutes away from the house.

"It's almost Christmas Lu." Ashton says glancing over at me smiling even though I knew he was still upset over Harry. "Maybe we can have Christmas at ours and have my family over." I say looking over at Ashton who nods in agreement "That'd be nice your mom and brothers and my siblings." Ashton says as we pull into the school parking lot. "We don't have very long to get everything done." I say as we both get out the car intertwining our hands together walking towards the school. "Everything will be fine." Ashton says kissing the side of my head as we go into the school seeing Mikey and Mack talking to each other standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Have you talked to him since the fight at our house?" I ask quietly looking over at Ashton. "Yeah and he isn't mad at us for anything, it wasn't your fault what happened between him and your brother." Ashton says pulling me into a tight quick hug before letting me go. "I still haven't talked to Ben about it, I've tried to but he always ignores me when it comes up." I say sighing. "I'm sure he'll get over it eventually and talk to you about it I mean he has to come around eventually Lu." Ashton says reassuringly. "I guess I'll try seeing Calum since I haven't seen him since then either, it's like he's ignoring me." I say frowning. "I'll see you after class Lu we've got to go before we're late." He says kissing me quickly before the both of us have to go in opposite directions towards our first period classes. I sighed walking up the stairs and down the hall towards my class being the last to walk in, which of course got everyone's attention including our teacher. I shrugged walking over to my desk sitting down and getting out my notebook. I sat there taking all of our makeup notes listening to our teacher lecture us about our lack of attendance because of the weather, of course the attendance had dropped since the weather wasn't something many people were used to.

I sighed and continued to ignore all the loud chatter around me looking down at my phone scrolling through my Instagram seeing old pictures from before we had moved. My hair was short and kept back into a high ponytail, I wore oversized T-shirt's and leggings daily, even though I had piles of nice clothes that I was too scared to wear, so I kept them stuck in the back of my closet along with my heels. I think it had embarrassed my dad just to be seen around me.

I turned my phone off and threw it into my bag along with the note book and I had on top of my desk. It wasn't nearly time for class to be over but the teacher didn't question me when I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the classroom towards the school bathroom biting down on my lip, I felt all the confidence I had built up for myself crumble down thinking of the relentless name calling that not only kids from school but my dad had frequently enjoyed calling me just because how much they knew how much it bothered me.

I quickly ran into a stall closing the door and leaning my back against the wall thinking about the last time Ben and I had talked over the phone. He was coming back into our lives and it wasn't something I would continue to endure for the rest of my life.