Family Christmas

Luke's pov

Since Christmas was coming so soon I began decorating the house and making the boys help. "I'm going to go shopping and get stuff for dinner and some gifts. Maybe you boys can go shopping together and I'll take Zo with me," I say as I hang the last few ornaments on the tree which was once Ashton's mothers. "That sounds great, just be safe and make sure you have your phone," Ashton says grabbing some money out of his wallet giving it to me. I think I'm going soon, can you help me get the baby ready." I ask as the two of us walk down the hallway towards the nursery and our bedroom. "Make sure she has on her heavy pink outfit your sister just got her, It's really cold outside but I want her to play in the snow," I call from my room as I change into a pair of blue jeans and a white long sleeve throwing a dark green winter jacket on."I'm on it." Ashton calls from the nursery before walking into our room with Zo and her diaper bag.

"It may be a while before we get back, we have a lot to shop for our family, and no one gets there gift early I want us to have Christmas together," I say putting on a pair of boots sticking my phone and charging cord in Zo's bag. "You sound just like my mom," Ashton says kissing me and handing me his jeep keys. "Maybe it comes with being around your family," I say smiling taking Zo into my arms. "Maybe it does, don't forget the wrapping paper," Ashton says and I walk out of the house towards the car standing Zo in the yard to take a picture of the outfit Lauren had bought for Zo.

After the perfect picture, I put Zo in her car seat buckling her in and putting her diaper bag beside her than getting into the driver sear ad pulling out of the driveway

After the perfect picture, I put Zo in her car seat buckling her in and putting her diaper bag beside her than getting into the driver sear ad pulling out of the driveway. Zo slept the entire way to the store and most of the time I was looking around for presents. I got so many compliments on how pretty she is. It had become funnier when they had asked if she looked more like her father considering that she didn't look like me. It was strange to think of how much she resembles Jade but she had become my daughter. And I didn't bother to say otherwise I would only nod my head and smile while continuing to shop for everyone's gifts. I hadn't really put much thought into how much I really wanted a child to raise because being with a girl was never an option. But now I was lucky enough to have a daughter who would grow up more spoiled than I'd like to admit.

Once I finished shopping I had so many gifts piled into the back on Ashton's jeep. Zo would be wide awake soon and she'd get fussy from being stuck in a car seat. Instead of driving all the way home I drove to my mom's parking at the end of her driveway and checking on Zo. I could tell mom was gone because her car wasn't here. Instead of waiting outside I walked up to the front door knocking. Jack answered the door letting me inside. He had a surprised expression and was completely speechless. "I didn't think you were going to come over," Jack says pulling me into a hug. "Well, Zo just woke up and she was getting fussy so I thought it'd be a good idea to visit and invite you to my family Christmas," I say letting Zo stand in between Jack and me.

"Of course I will, I didn't know when to tell you this, but dads back," Jack says looking down at Zo who was holding onto him for support then back up at the upset expression on my face. "Back as in, he's already staying here in Australia," Jack says picking up Zo. "Where is he now?" I ask taking off Zo's beanie sticking it into my jacket pocket. "He's at the police department near by, he's the new lead detective," Jack says as we walk into the living room sitting down. "How's Ben?" I ask watching as Zo begins to play with his hair. "He's a dickhead, I don't know everything that happened but he and Calum aren't talking so he's taking it out on everyone," Jack says as we hear a car pull into the drive way.

"Maybe you need to invite him over and take the car so they have to work it out," I say laughing hearing the front door open and close before seeing my dad walks into the living room looking directly at me. "Is that you Luke?" He asks sitting down his things. "Yeah it is I think I have to go."
I say picking up Zo standing up from the couch. "No don't let me just run you off, you don't have to go." He says looking at Zo who is absently minded pulling at my long hair. "I think you already have." I say walking towards the door. "Luke stop now I'm trying to speak to you." He says following me towards the front door. "No, I can leave on my own." I say putting Zo's hat on and pulling up her hood. "Luke don't act like this." My dad says reaching out towards me. "Just leave him alone!" Jack says pushing his hand away standing between the two of us. "Your mom already told me everything that's happened." He says looking at me trying my best not to snap.

"And I'm not trying to stop you, but just listen to me." He says stepping back so he wasn't nose to nose with Jack. "What do you want." I say in a monotone voice wishing I had never ran into him. "You can graduate early, you seem to be ready for it since you're already raising a family but don't shut your mom out." He says completely surprising me. "I'll consider." I mumble opening the door and walking to my car and buckling in Zo seeing Dad and Jack standing at the front door together. "Come over for Christmas." I say before getting into the car and leaving.

-authors note-
I'm not saying this is late 😅
Because it's actually late as fuck 🙃