Picking up the pieces

Ashtons pov

"I'll fix all of this Luke you don't have to worry," I say as he smooths down the bandage on my side. I could tell he was at a loss for words, staring blankly at me not bothering to push his blonde curls out of his face. "You make it sound so easy like you can change what happened." He responds in a broken voice. I knew that I could never replace his best friend.

"What do you think you can do to fix this Ashton?" Luke says shaking his head and walking towards Zo's bedroom.

"People are going to notice my dad's gone."He says pushing open our daughter's bedroom door. "Maybe they'll be convinced he moved back to America," I say as Luke takes Zo from her crib seeing Jack asleep in her rocking chair. "My dad's not one to leave without saying something." He says sighing kissing Zo's cheeks and forehead as we walk into our room. "You're thinking too much, I've got this handled so don't worry about it," I say bluntly feeling my blood pressure rising.

"What do you expect me to do Ash there are two dead bodies in our living room and one of them is my best friend," Luke says sitting down at the end of our bed. "We'll bury her and give her a nice funeral just like we've done for all my other family that we've lost," I say going to our closet and pulling out a little black gift bag.

"What's that?" He asks bouncing Zo in his lap as I pull out a matte black bank card and a red jewelry box. "It's your Christmas gift from me," I say getting down on my knees in front of him opening up the small red box.

 "It's your Christmas gift from me," I say getting down on my knees in front of him opening up the small red box

"Will you marry me, Luke?" I mumble quietly looking up at him into his crystal blue eyes filled with sadness. "Yes, I will." He says in a broken voice as clear small tears roll down his cheeks. "You're still wanting to stick by me even though I've caused you so much grief?" I say pulling the two dainty rings from their place inside the box. "Having someone to go through it all with is making it bearable." He says nodding his head as I slide the two rings onto his finger. "This was more Alec's idea than mine," I say handing him the bank card. "What's this." He asks looking down at it and back up to me. "It's your money, it's from dads business Alec and I decided to sell what we have here and give a majority of it to my brother, this is your money and our daughter has a card in our safe," I say standing up for the floor.

"Now I need you to listen to me and be understanding," I say feeling an ache in my chest.

"I need you to move in with my brother, somewhere else safter I'm going to get all of yours and Zo's things out of this house, and I'm going to London with my brother to help him with his work," I say looking at Luke's confused expression. "And what do I get to say about this?" He says in a confused voice. "You don't, it's my decision this is how I'm going to fix things," I say walking to our closet pulling out our suitcases as be being filling mine with all my clothing.

"What about your dad's house?" He says standing up with Zo clinging to his shoulder batting her sleepy eyes.

"Like I said it's my decision, I'll figure it out," I say as he storms out of our bedroom into Zo's nursery.

-authors notes-
I'll be continuing the book a while longer, I lost interest in the book at first but I'm going to finish this book and give it a good ending I have quite a few more chapters in mind.
~