Good morning

Ashton's pov

The next morning I woke up around 5:00 am seeing Luke laid across my chest letting out faint breaths from his slightly parted pink lips. I slowly rolled Luke over and got out from bed putting on a pair of black jeans and a black plain black T-shirt walking downstairs calling Mack to bring Luke some clothes and take him to school since I have business to talk care of with Will and Alec. I wasn't sure when to wake him up so I decided to make him a quick breakfast. It was already 6 by the time Mack showed up with a bag of clothes for Luke. "Where's he at?" Mack asked walking in the apartment shutting the door behind her. "He's upstairs still asleep I wasn't gonna wake him till you showed up." I say handing her a plate of food making her grin. "You know I love breakfast." She says cheerily beginning to eat at the island in my kitchen handing me a bag of clothes for Luke. "It's a thanks for talking to Lu for me." I say smiling back at her quickly walking up the stairs slowly opening the door seeing Luke clinging to a pillow. "Hey Lu, wake up you've gotta eat and get dressed." I say walking over to the side of my bed where Luke was laying brushing the hair out of his face. "Come on Lu Mack's downstairs eating." I say rubbing his shoulder watching his eyes flutter open. "Why's Mack here?" Like asks in a sleepy morning voice. "She brought you clothes for school and she's going to take you after you get dressed and eat." I say watching as he slowly say up rubbing his eyes. "Why aren't you going?" He mumbles taking the bag from my hand looking inside. "I have work to do today but everyone else will be there." I say kissing his forehead walking out of the room leaving Luke to get dressed. I walked back downstairs into the kitchen making Luke a plate of food watching as he walked the the stairs. Damn is it possible that he be any more attractive.

"You really like dressing me up don't you?" Luke says sitting beside Mack as I hand him his plate of food

"You really like dressing me up don't you?" Luke says sitting beside Mack as I hand him his plate of food. "Yes it's my favorite pass time when I'm not kicking people's asses." Mack says smirking poking Luke's side making him squeal. "No! Tickling! Me!" Luke says huffing taking a bite of his toast glaring at her. "Okay but you keep your promise so we're spending the day together Lukey so that means no boyfriend interference." Mack says smiling and glaring over at me as Luke finished up his plate of food taking it to the sink. "Okay fine promise you just have to tell me where you'll be and that you won't let him get hurt." I say leaning against the edge of the island. "Oh I guess Luke must have forgot to mention but I'm going to teach him how to protect himself so we'll be at the warehouse." Mack says getting up from her seat walking towards the door with Luke. "Okay just be careful." I say sighing at Mack's crazy antics kissing Luke softly. "Call me when you can." Luke says holding onto the hem of my shirt with pouty eyes. "I will I promise." I say taking my leather jacket from my coat rack putting it on Luke which was just a bit too big for him. "I love you." He says quietly kissing me before leaving the apartment with Mack to go to school.

After Luke left with Mack I put on my black boots and blue jean jacket getting my car keys and leaving my apartment. I walked down the stairs checking the bullets in my gun putting the safety on and sticking it in the waistband of my pants. I got into my car and sped down the road until I got to where Will said we'd meet up. "What took so long." Will says as I walked into the huge building Will had bought a couple of years ago to store drugs, money, and guns.

"He was probably getting his morning fuck in." Alec snorts laughing to himself letting rounds off into a target across the room. "Doesn't matter I was busy now I'm here." I say watching as Alec hit target with every bullet he shoots. "Yeah right now lets get down to the issue." Will says as I sit down across from him and Alec puts his gun away. "We're going to get our money back, we're going to get Jace and we're going to find out all the shit we can." Will says lighting a cigarette. "Okay and your attack plan is?" Alec says sitting on the arm of the chair reloading his gun. "Easy, were gonna scope out their spots shoot one of them down and interrogate them." Will says flipping his ashes on to the floor. "Leave it to me and Alec this shouldn't be hard they probably have plenty of loose ends." I say getting out my phone calling Michael.

"What the hell are you calling about?" He says in a gruff voice. "I need your skills." I says rolling my eyes at Michael's attitude. "Like What Ashton." He says sarcastically pretending to be interested. "Just find me someone from Jaces gang and give me some locations." I say wishing his passive aggressive attitude towards me would quit. "God you're helpless, I'll call you whenever I have names and places." He says hanging up the phone.

"Just like that." I say putting my phone into my pocket. "So how long will this take?" Alec asks impatiently tearing at the frays in his jeans. "Not very long Michael knows what he's doing and as soon as we get insides the more we know about them the quicker the crumble." I say getting my gun out clicking the safety off and sending a bullet across the room into the head of a target watching as big hit the floor. "You might be decent with a gun but you're sloppy and impatient." I say getting a few messages from Michael who's in study hall at school right now. "Quick work." I hum to myself receiving names and locations of all the people that are in the same gang as Jace.

"Come on Alec I've got what we needed." I say waving my phone walking out the warehouse. Alec followed behind me and we both got into Wills black Jeep pulling out of the parking garage. "You're such a show off Ash." Alec says loading another gun sticking it in the holster on his chest. "I'm not showing off I'm just good at what I do." I say speeding up. "Where the hell are we even going." Alec says rolling his eyes sticking a knife down in his boot. "A bar on the east end of town, they have a couple of guys that run it and there's always someone there." I say knowing Michael's never wrong about intel on other gangs whereabouts.

-Authors note-
There a new Malum book in the works ♥︎ and I'm addicted to American horror story rn 😅🤷🏻‍♀️