after everything

Luke's pov

Once Ashton and I drove back to the house I got out of the car storming inside, Ashton following closely behind me. "She can't be fucking serious, and of all the people who had told me it was Ben!" I scream stomping into our bedroom sitting down on my side of the bed kicking off my vans. "Why didn't you say something about this to me?" Ashton asks in a calm voice sitting down beside me pulling me into his side. "Because what was I supposed to tell you, Ash?" I say rolling my eyes trying not to get pissy with Ashton. "I don't know, anything you haven't mentioned your Dad to me once," Ashton says as I stand up from the bed sighing. "Because what am I supposed to tell you I'm not with him for a reason?!" I say frustrated walking over to our dresser pulling out one of Ashton's big plain white t-shirts. "Maybe you could start with why, so I can understand why you're so pissed," Ashton says as I take off the outfit I had wore today slipping his shirt over my head getting him a pair of sweat pants and boxers before closing the drawer. "He beat me, Ash, since I started dressing feminine he was embarrassed that I was his son," I say pulling the scrunchie out of my hair which had grown out too far.

"He used to be mentally abusive, I've come along way to be myself since mom left him," I say brushing through my long curls in front of my bedroom vanity. "And she just thinks she's going to bring him back into your life, It's bullshit Lu I won't let anyone fucking hurt you," Ashton says as I sit down my hairbrush onto my makeup vanity. "I'm not old enough to do shit Ash, he's gonna come here and treat me like I'm playing house," I say turning towards the bed.

"Is that how you see it?" Ashton asks standing up from the bed

"Is that how you see it?" Ashton asks standing up from the bed. "You know I don't, but what are we supposed to do about any of this?" I say picking up my dirty clothes putting them in the laundry hamper as Ashton walks toward out master bathroom. "I'll kill him, Luke it's as simple as that, he can't just show up and fuck with my life," Ashton says sitting his clothes on the bathroom counter getting a towel from the shelf. "Ashton he's my dad!" I say completely shocked at Ashton's lack-of sympathy. "I have nothing for him if he so easily put you through everything he did why should I care if he continues breathing," Ashton says bluntly leaving no room for confrontation shutting the bathroom door. A moment later hearing a gentle knock on my bedroom door seeing Alec standing on the other side. "Is everything okay?" Alec asks with a concerned expression. "What'd you hear?" I mumble sitting on my side of the bed. "Most of it, Ashton isn't very soft-spoken," Alec says leaning against the door frame holding one of Zo's onesies. "Well considering everything we've been through together I don't think we'll be separating, we are all raising a baby together," I say and Alec nods looking down at the floor. "To be honest I didn't think you'd stick around," He says smiling looking back up at me.

"I love Ashton, I couldn't leave him, of course, I wasn't sure what I had gotten myself into but I didn't mind, not really as long as I have people who want me," I say pushing my hair behind my ears. "You know we're your family, and you don't have to leave us," Alec says closings the bedroom door and walking away as I move the blankets on the bed. "Thank you," I mumble looking up as Ashton opens the bathroom door walking back into our bedroom drying his hair.

"Are you still pissed off?" Ashton asks putting his towel into the dirty clothes as I turn on my bedside lamp. "No, just a little disappointed I guess," I say as Ashton turns off the overhead light. "I promise Luke you will be okay, I'll make sure of it," Ashton says as he climbs into the bed readjusting the covers over the two of us and pulling me into his chest. "I never imagined that she would get back with him, after everything that's happened, I think I need to talk to my brothers about this, I wonder how long they've known about this," I say feeling as Ashton lays his head on top of mine. "I guess we both have dysfunctional families," Ashton says quietly playing with the ends of my hair. "I don't want Zo to go through any of this Ash, she deserves better than anything we've ever gone through," I say biting done on my lip looking at the yellow pattern across our cover.

"Luke our daughter will be fine I promise," Ashton says kissing the top of my head and turning out the bedside lamp. "This might seem easy to you but I'm the youngest in my family, I've never taken care of someone before," I say as Ashton adjusts the blanket pulling it over my shoulder. "Stop overthinking so much, Lu just go to sleep and we'll keep talking about this in the morning," Ashton says as sigh pressing my forehead against his chest trying to calm my racing mind. There's nothing good that will come for him being in Australia. I can't help but worry about how Ashton will react to my father who is abrasive and overbearing. It seems like all the guys in my life come with a self-destruct button which they're always on the brink of pushing, leaving everyone else to clean up the messing they're willing to leave behind for others to clean up.

-authors note-
I AM SO PISSED THIS IS OUT OF ORDER!!!