It's your fault

Calum's pov

After a while, Luke had gone to bed leaving me alone in the living room to sleep on the couch. My chest aches and my eyes burn from crying so long.
How could I be so stupid to just sleep around with him and never realize that he didn't care about me? He never gave me compliments, he never held me even after he took my virginity he left me sitting alone in my bedroom because he had to leave even though it was the middle of the night. I laid curled into a ball in the middle of Luke's couch, how could I not notice for weeks. He never changed plans to see me and it was like I practically begged for his attention. I wanted him to like me back because he didn't give a fuck about what others thought, which was only because he didn't really care about other people. And I know that it's my fault Ben hates him so much because any time I needed to complain he'd listen and no matter what had happened he was always on my side, but I never thought he would actually say that he loved me. Which only makes my chest ache more thinking about it, about all the times that he insisted we'd hang out, how he'd stay up all night keeping me company because I couldn't sleep or how many times he'd pack me because I got too wasted at a party and he wouldn't just leave me although I had insisted that he should. I couldn't help but think of how hurt he was and the upset expression on his face before he walked out of Luke's house.

How didn't I notice how gentle and caring he was towards me.

Oh, right because I wasn't paying him any attention. I walked over him time and time again because I never thought that one of my best friends who never admitted to being gay would say that he was in love with me. But I know after all of this there was no way in hell that I'd forgive Michael or try to crawl back to him, but I didn't want to run to Ben and sound like a broken-hearted teenager who needs someone to fix them. I didn't want to treat him like he was some rebound for a fling that didn't go my way. And I wasn't sure if I have seen him that way because it was so hard to think of him any other way than one of my best friends and teammates who was was anything but gay.

I could sleep although I felt completely drained. I sighed sitting up watching the sunrise peeking through the living room curtains. I slowly grabbed my phone from the coffee table looking at the time. 4.30 a.m. I knew Ben was already awake getting in his morning jog. I scrolled through my contacts stopping on his name sighing. Hopefully, he doesn't hate me. I clicked on his number holding the phone up to my ear listening to it ring. After the third ring, he answered. "Calum." He says breathily saying my name almost like it was a question. "C-can you pick me up I'm still at Luke's." I say in a low voice not wanting to disturb the quietness of the house. "How'd you know I was up?" He asks and I can hear his keys jingle through the phone. "Because I know you run every morning even when it's cold," I say pulling my legs against my chest. "Oh right, I'm on my way I'll see you soon promise." He says closing his car door and starting the engine. "O-okay I'll be waiting," I say before he hangs up the phone. I slid my phone back down into my pocket standing up from the couch walking towards the front door and putting on my shoes pulling my hoodie over my wrinkled grey t-shirt. I stood by the door watching as the time passed on my phone. It would only take him a few minutes to get here since they didn't live too far away. I didn't want to bother Luke it Ashton so I decided that I'd text him later to tell him that I had left early. I sighed quietly pulling my arms against my chest stepping outside hearing the crunch of gravel in the driveway seeing white snowflakes fall from the sky coating the trees and ground.
Thankfully Ben showed up as soon as I stepped outside. I didn't waste any time walking over to his car and sliding into the passenger seat. Neither of us said anything until we were out of Luke's driveway further down the road. "Do you hate me?" I ask looking over at Ben who would occasionally glance over at me not saying anything. "Quite the opposite." He says in a muffled voice turned up the heat in his car. "W-Why'd you wait to say anything to me," I say watching as he drives passed the school. "Because what was I supposed to say to you Calum." He says sighing looking back over at me.
"Where are we going?" I question as he continues driving not attempting to turn around. "I'm taking you to your house school was canceled." He says and I stay quiet until we pull into the empty driveway because both of my parents are gone for work.

"Could you come in?" I ask glancing over at him laying my hand on the door handle

"Could you come in?" I ask glancing over at him laying my hand on the door handle. He doesn't say anything he just nods as we both get out of his car and walk up the driveway and into the warmth of my house seeing the cream white walls with all my family pictures hanging on them. We both stop at the front door both of us quick to disregard our shoes and jackets before walking upstairs to my bedroom which Ben had only seen a handful of times. I thought of a million things I wanted to say but I just couldn't, I turned around facing the window watching as snow floats past feeling Ben's warm hand lay against the exposed skin on my side turning me back towards him. "Don't be mad at me please." He says in a low voice leaning forward pulling me into a kiss. I was completely shocked but I quickly kissed back feeling his hands grip my sides pushing my back against the wall deepening the kiss making me hum in satisfaction before he pulled away. "Why would I hate you?" I asks feeling as he traced circles on my hip. "Because I'm not gay." He says pulling away from me looking down at me. "But you just kissed me," I say furrowing my eyebrows completely confused. "But I don't find other guys attractive." He says shaking his head. "But you liked kissing me didn't you?" I question and he nods his head clearly embarrassed to answer me. "But I'm a boy and that means you're gay," I say missing the warmth of his hands on me.
"No I'm not gay I don't screw other guys." He says sounding a bit irritated. "Because you've never thought about another guy that way but I'm a guy," I say huffing looking at his expression knowing that he was easily getting pissed off.

-Authors note-
Sorry to everyone who loves Malum lol please don't come after me but this is important to the storyline ♥︎ & please vote, comment, and dm if you wanna be friends.