Things are m e s s y

Ashton's pov

After I finished getting dressed I walked back through my apartment seeing Lu standing at the door putting his converse back on. "So did you make you your mind," I say grabbing my keys shoving them in the pocket of my leather jacket. "I'm gonna go with you," Luke says smiling lacing his fingers through mine as we leave my apartment and go to the car. I was hoping he'd change his mind and decided to go back home since this was business and business has a tendency to get messy. We both got in the car and headed towards the location Michael had sent me. I wasn't sure what to tell Luke, or how long it was going to take me to get in and out, but I definitely didn't want to drag Luke into the middle of everything. So instead I sat quietly and watched as Luke mumbled the words to Good Charlotte while watching out the car window.

Eventually, we stopped at the end of a dirt driveway that lead up to a run-down squat house where Michael said he'd meet me. I sat there for a second hoping Luke would listen to me. "Okay it's really important that you listen to me Lu, you need to stay in the car don't get out I'll come back," I say as Michael pulls up blocking the end of the driveway getting out of the car. "Oh okay, why's Mikey here?" Luke said as Michael walked past the car towards the house. "We've gotta do something it shouldn't take to long so don't worry just stay here promise," I say leaning over kissing Luke. "Promise." He says muffed by another kiss before I get out of the car walking towards the house sliding the gun out of the back of my waistband turning off the safety and meeting Michael at the front stairs of the house.

"I can't believe you brought him!" Michael says lowly as we walk into the house kicking the front door in. "What was I supposed to do tell him no or leave him at my apartment?" I say sarcastically as we search through the front room for the drug money that was supposed to be inside the house. "My sisters gonna be so pissed if you hurt him, Ashton, you know how possessive she can be over the people she loves," Michael says and I walk through the house upstairs with Michael following behind me. "Believe it or not Michael I didn't want to hurt him and I no intention to, I actually like Luke," I say kicking in every door until we reach the bedroom where a local junkie was sitting in the middle of the room with a note which was covered in blood. I quickly snatched the paper up running down the stairs and out the front door.

"Whoever was here had seen us show up. He saw Luke in the car and he knew why we had come." I say yelling back to Michael who walked out the house annoyed at the whole situation. "The money was gone and the whole job was pointless," Michael says following me out the house towards the cars. After reading the note I crumpled it up and threw it down sticking my gun back into my waistband and walking back to the car seeing Luke who was sitting the car completely untouched.

"Sorry I took long." I sigh feeling aggravated but I didn't want to burst in front of Luke. "It's fine, I wasn't by myself for very long, some guy who said you were friends showed up he said you were looking for something you had lost that you'd be back soon," Luke said as I pull out of the driveway. "Did he say his name, Luke?" I ask following Michael's car down the road. "Nope, not once," Luke said glancing over from me back to the window. "You didn't open the door or tell him who you are, did you," I say gripping the steering wheel knowing the extent of what some other gangs would do. "No I rolled the window down a bit, and he never asked so I didn't mention," Luke says looking back at me.

He wasn't going to be the one caught in the crossfire, I didn't want to hurt Luke. We pulled up to the house shortly after. I wasn't sure if I wanted to explain things to Luke or leave him clueless. He didn't deserve either. But it would be even more confusing for him with everything going on around him. I guess will just have to see how things play out between the two of us. I opened the car door and got out walking around the car opening Luke's door. "Come on we're going inside," I say as Luke gets out of the car and I shut the door behind him. "Where are we?" Luke mumble holding my hand tightly. "You don't have to be nervous Lu, "I say smiling at him walking towards the house.

Once we walked inside we went to the living room seeing everyone sitting around

Once we walked inside we went to the living room seeing everyone sitting around. "Ash why the hell did you bring him here you should have left him at home?!" Michael yells making Luke's grip tighten on my hand.
"Last time I checked your opinion can be shoved back up your ass Mike," I say glaring at him as everyone else walks into the living room including my stepdad who ran the gang. "Cut the screaming out." He says looking between Michael and myself before his eyes land on Luke. "Ash mind explaining who you have with you." He says looking back at me sitting down beside Michael. "Luke Hemmings my boyfriend," I say feeling Luke lean into me as everyone looks at us. "So what you just decided to bring him here, what do you plan on telling him?" My stepdad says in a harsh voice sitting his beer down on the coffee table. "He's not just a hook up he's not going to run and tell!" I glare back at him annoyed at his bossy attitude. "Okay fine Ashton you do what you think is best but if it gets us into shit just know it will come back to bite you in the ass." He huffs sifting back into the couch.

"Lu this is my stepdad Will, my stepbrother Alec, our friends Noah, and Liam," I say sitting down pulling Luke down beside me while everyone introduced themselves. "To be fair I was friends with him first," Mack says sitting beside Lauren. "And now he's Ashton's boyfriend so stuff it, Mack," Michael says rolling his eyes as Mack throws a pillow across the living room hitting him.
"Why are we even here in the first place?" Alec says ready to leave as soon as he walked downstairs anyhow. "The money was gone and they knew we were there looking for it, Luke seen him shit he even sat and talked to him!" I say pissed off that we didn't get to him and the money before we had the chance. "Who was it?" Will asks putting his cigarette out obviously pissed off about the money. "If we would have seen him he would have been shot and we would have the cash so you think we know which one of them it was,"Michael says scoffing at wills stupid question. "Lu you seen him what'd he look like," I ask noticing how confused Luke seemed by the whole situation.
"He was tall, tan he had messy dyed blonde hair, green eyes, and he had a backpack, he never said his name," Luke says shrugging messing with the hem of his dress. "Jace, it has to be Jace," Alec says rolling his eyes it was obvious he was pissed off about everything considering the close relationships we all had.

-Authors note-
Sorry I've had a lot happening and I haven't updated and this is where things begin to get interesting 😂♥︎ follow, vote, comment, and keep reading.