Buzzing

After getting home late and listening to my family bitch at me for not coming home early enough I went to my room and slammed the door behind me kicking off my shoes and turning on my record player and twirling around to my music putting away my new things I had just bought then going to my closet changing into a big T-shirt that fell down to my knees.

I really like him,
He feels so addictive to be around
My mind was buzzing and my heart was pounding.
Ashton Irwin made me feel like a lovesick teenager.

I couldn't help but smile thinking about him and how gentle he was helping me up. I could feel the warmth of his smile and the life the sparked in his eyes. I laid down on my white shag rug with my back against the floor looking up at the fairy lights having around my room hearing my phone vibrate beside me. It was my new best friend Mack messing me to make sure I had made it home okay. I messaged back that Ashton had driven me home and everything was perfectly fine, I had decided to gush about all the cute things Ashton had done, like helping me up and driving me home, and how much his dimples drove me crazy.

After a few moments she didn't respond so I laid my phone down beside me and my eyes slowly began to drift shut.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of my school alarm going off. I sat up and turned off my alarm tossing off my blanket. And standing up from my bed going into the bathroom undressing and getting a shower. After showering I brush my teeth and wrap a towel around me walking into my closet finding something comfortable for school. I decided on a maroon overall dress with a white long sleeve shirt since it had begun to cool down in early September.

After getting dressed I put on a pair of white low top converse and walked out of my closet back into my bedroom and grabbed my backpack and my phone off charge

After getting dressed I put on a pair of white low top converse and walked out of my closet back into my bedroom and grabbed my backpack and my phone off charge. Seeing a few messages on my lock screen. Once I answered my phone I opened the messages from an unknown number.

Unknown:
Hey, it's Ashton, Mack gave me your number we really need to talk during lunch if you can.

I read over the message once more before turning off my phone and walking out of my room getting an apple from the fruit dish. Ben and Jack followed mom downstairs and we all left the house out to the car, mom was still driving us to school because she hadn't had the time to go look for new vehicles. After arriving at school we all got out at the front of the building and went inside, not many people were in the common area, they were all walking to class in pair of two.
I stood there for a moment looking at Ben and Jack and at least 5 other people standing together talking in a large group before walking off to class by myself.

Once I got to first period I sat down in my regular seat and began the board work. I tried to ignore the roar of everyone talking and people calling my name. Thankfully the girl who had sat beside me wasn't very talkative and never really tried to make conversation she sat quietly sketching on her notebook in a sparkly orange gel pen.

I sat quietly glancing up at the board and jotting down notes on a sheet of blank paper. After the next few periods were over I packed up my bag and slung the straps over my shoulders walking out of class. Instead of walking to lunch with a group of friends I walked ahead of the crowd and stopped at the entrance of the cafeteria sighing and thinking about the text message Ashton had sent me. I stood there for a moment longer before seeing him standing by the exit on the other side of the cafeteria talking to Michael with a serious expression.

I wasn't sure if just walking up to him was the best idea, but there wasn't any other way to get their attention so I slowly walked towards them stopped a few steps away not saying anything. He noticed me immediately and the expression on his face had softened. "I wasn't sure you'd actually find me, you always seem to be surrounded by people," Ashton says and Michael walks away leaving Ashton and I alone to talk. "I'm not that outgoing, I guess people do kinda like me here," I said twisting the large white scrunchie on my wrist. "I think that you let it get to you and you worry too much." He says and we walk outside together down the sidewalk.

"You really don't know much about my old school," I say quietly as we walk to the edge of the sidewalk standing by the large brick school. "Your right I don't, we don't know much about each other and it might be best that way." He says flatly no longer smiling or seeming to be in a cheerful mood. I didn't know what to say, I stood there in front of him completely speechless feeling crumpled. I felt my eyes water up and my stomach pit. How could the first guy that I have feeling towards just suddenly reject me?
Just as a few tears brush past my eyelashes down my cheeks as he turns to walk away.
My skin felt like it was on fire and I was completely frustrated with myself. "Ashton wait," I say my voice sounding scratch as I reached out for his hand lightly holding on.

He could have easily brushed me off but instead, he stopped and turned around looking down at me with sympathy. He didn't say anything, he was going to let me be the one to speak. "I-I'm sorry, I like you, and I'm sorry I assumed you were g-gay," I say looking up at him, my cheeks were red from embarrassment with tears hanging loosely onto my chin.
"Don't apologize." He says in a low voice brushing the tears off my cheek with the pad of his thumb. I didn't understand the sudden change of his attitude he looked down at me with clear pity on his face. "I-I don't understand," I say quietly. He sighed looking down at me rubbing the few stay tears off my bottom lip before kissing me with his own making me feel weak. I slowly kissed back holding onto the hem of his black T-shirt and my small hand still holding onto his. I could feel the warmth of his breath against my face as the kiss broke making me frown, missing the feeling of his lips against mine.

"Luke I do like you, you're so cute and shy." He says in a low voice with his fingers holding the arch of my back running his thumb back and forth creating warmth against my skin. "But we can't date because I don't wanna see you get hurt." He says his hands dropping away from me before turning around again and leaving me.

-Authors note-
New update because I'm always busy on the day I plan to update. 🤷🏻‍♀️♥︎