What happened

Ashton's pov

After the bell rang for classes to change I closed my notebook and stuck my phone back into my pocket walking out of the classroom looking down the hall. As I was walking down the hall a few people walked in my direction waving me to come over.

The first one to speak up was a girl with tinted red cheeks and curly brown hair. "Luke ran out of class, he seemed upset." She says looking over at the short redhead standing beside her who nods in reassurance.

"Did he say where he was going or what happened?" I ask hoping he didn't decide to walk back home.

"No, he didn't." She says shaking her head. "The bathroom." The redhead says not very loudly making it hard to hear in these noisy halls.

"Oh okay, uh thanks," I say quickly brushing past the two toward the bathroom looking down at the cracked yellow tiles seeing Luke sitting down on the floor. "Luke open the stall please," I say picking up his bag that he tossed onto the floor. He didn't answer as he stood up and pushed the door open looking up at me while tears dripped down his chin. "What happened Lu?" I ask him grabbing his hand and pulling him from the bathroom stall. "I want to leave Ash I need to go home," Luke says rubbing his eyes. "What do you mean to go home, you're not wanting to leave me are you?" I ask pulling Luke into my chest wrapping my arms around him "Don't be stupid Ash I just want to leave and go to our house back to Zo." I say sighing as he lets me go.

"You're moms gonna be pissed at me if you keep missing like this, we swore up and down that you'd finish school," I say handing him his backpack. "Then I'll go talk to her maybe I can graduate early I'm finished anyhow," Luke says sighing lacing his fingers through mine as the two of us walk out of the bathroom and down the hall. "And what are you going to do once we get home?" I ask seeing Ben standing at his locker. "I'm going to check on my baby, Ash I can drive myself home If you don't want to miss class," Luke says sighing. "It's fine Luke, but we have to go to your mom's first," I say as we walk towards the stairs. "Okay sure," Luke mumbles instead of protesting the idea. Once we make it downstairs the two of us walk out of the back exit towards the student parking lot rushing over to the car to get out of the cold. After the two of us get into the car we put on our seat belts and leave the school. "Can you make us dinner tonight, I don't think I could eat any more pizza," Luke asks pulling his jacket against him. "So Mike doesn't get to pick dinner tonight." I laugh as we continue to drive down the street watching snow cover the trees and sidewalks. "Absolutely not, I don't think I've ever seen anyone eat that much pizza," Luke says as we pull into his mom's driveway getting out of the car and walking into the house seeing all the decorations that Liz has put up.

"Mom Ash and I are here

"Mom Ash and I are here." Luke calls as we walk through the hallway into the living room. "Did you bring the baby Lu?" Liz asks sitting down on the couch. "No mom she's with Alec and Harry." Luke says leading me over to the couch to sit with him. "Aren't you two supposed to be at school?" She asks muting the tv. "Yeah we were, but Luke wanted to leave, so we decided to come see you." I say shrugging "Why are you skipping school, you know how important attendance is." Liz says taking a drink from her coffee. "I want to graduate early, and I have to have you sign off on it." Luke says in a hopeful voice. "Why are you trying to graduate early, I don't think it's the best idea Luke what are you planning to do after graduation?" Liz asks sitting her coffee back down on the table. "I'm going to raise Zo, that's what jade would have wanted." Luke says shrugging looking at the shocked expression on Liz's face. "Lu she has plenty of people to raise her you don't need to sacrifice your education." Liz says completely disagreeing with Luke. "Alec is busy and Ashton is busy Harry is going back to the UK I'm not sacrificing anything, I have no intentions of going to college." Luke says sighing and leaning against me.

"And who do you expect to take care of you? You're just children Luke." Liz says raising her voice. "We can take care of our selves mom we have our own house and I don't want to push my family out of my life but I'm grown enough to take care of myself." Luke yells standing up from the couch. "Why are you acting like this, You've been bossy and rude ever since I left your father and we moved here, all you do is argue and pick fights with us when we know whats best for you." Liz says completely unaffected by Luke's outburst. "Maybe because I'm tired of being treated like shit! I might be the youngest but I don't need anyone controlling me I can take care of myself." Luke yells grabbing my hand. "Lucas don't you dare swear at me! It was a lot to allow you to move out and act grown but you've really pushed your limits, you think because you've moved and you live with a man that you're grown?" Liz says as Luke begins to pull me out of the living room. "You could have told me yourself! You're really getting back with him after everything he's put us through, Ben told me that you agreed to call off your divorce that he was coming back, and you never once thought that I'd have something to say about it." Luke yells standing in front of me. "You never come over, I don't even know where you live at!" Liz yells never leaving her spot on the couch. "Fine you've just picked him over me because I refuse to be near him." Luke says dragging me out of the house and to the car.