An explanation

I stood quietly at the doorway of my moms room watching as she turned the pages of a novel I had bought her for Christmas last year. "Hey." I say lowly walking into her room sitting down across from her on the end of her bed. "Is everything okay Lu?" My mom says putting her book down. "Yes I'm okay I just figured we should talk." I say watching mom rub her thumb across my hand. "I have been a bit worried, I'm sorry I've been working so much I'm just trying to catch up on the move and make sure we have everything we need." She says sighing obviously exhausted from constantly working. "I know it's okay though, and you don't have to worry about me having a boyfriend, Ashton is great he'd never hurt me." I say sincerely hoping that she believes me. "I just worry after everything that's happened I want you to be careful and safe with this boy that I would like to meet." She says in a serious voice. "You can anytime I mean I understand you like to meet him since we haven't been together too long and I think things are getting serious between us, I really love him mom." I say looking up at her soft expression. "Anytime you're ready Lu." She says pulling me into a hug letting me go. "Soon I promise." I say as I walk out of her room downstairs back to my bedroom laying down.

Not long after going to sleep I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing. I pushed off my covers going to my closet getting a stripped long sleeve shirt and my favorite overall dress with a pair of black doc martens and Ashton's leather jacket changing before going into the bathroom looking at my outfit

 I pushed off my covers going to my closet getting a stripped long sleeve shirt and my favorite overall dress with a pair of black doc martens and Ashton's leather jacket changing before going into the bathroom looking at my outfit

Then putting my hair up in a braid crown letting a few pieces fall down around my face. After brushing my teeth I add a clear lipgloss walking out of my room getting my backpack and iPhone walking out of my room into the kitchen where my mom was standing drinking coffee. "Morning Lu do you want a danish." She asks waiting for me to nod my head before handing me one. "Thanks." I say smiling taking a big bite. "The boys should be downstairs soon." She says as we both stand together in the kitchen finishing off out breakfast waiting for the boys who eventually followed each other one after the other down the stairs. "Come on Luke were gonna be late." Ben says as I take my last bite of danish following them out the front door to the car.
After making it to school parking lot we all got out of the car walking into the school together before the bell for fist period. I quickly ran down the hall and upstairs to get to class making it inside just as the bell rang.
I quickly walked back to my seat hearing my boots thud on the tile floor. "Hey Luke." A girl beside me says getting my attention. "Oh um hi?" I say not sure I've ever talked to her although she's been sitting there all year. "Not to be rude or anything but We never talk so I don't know your name." I say quietly as the teacher begins class. "Oh I'm sorry, I'm Jade." She says smiling "Nice to actually talk to you I'm surprised you know me." I say smiling back at her. "Yeah some of my friends said we'd have this class together and that you're nice so I figured we could be friends in this class at least." Jade says getting out her notebook and glittery gel pen starting the class assignment. Just before class was over she stopped me at the door, "Luke I was wonder if you wanted to go to a party since were about to have our fall break?" She says handing me her phone to add me as a contact. "Yeah I'll definitely consider I'll have to talk to my boyfriend." I say typing in my name and phone number handing her phone back and walking out of class.

The next three classes go by quickly and the lunch bell rings dismissing us into the cafeteria. I grabbed my bag putting away my things and walked out of class down the hallway into the cafeteria seeing my brothers sitting without Calum who has walked his way towards me. "Hey Luke." He says smiling following me outside. "Do they really sit out here year round?" Calum says putting his hand into his hoodie pocket as I pull Ashton's jacket against me. "Yeah so they can leave whenever they'd like and not have to walk out the from door." I say walking beside him down the sidewalk to our usual table seeing everyone sitting there. "Hi, I hope it's not a big deal but my friend Cal wanted to come sit with us." I say sitting down beside Ashton and Calum sat on the other side of me. "Yeah no big deal Calum is a cool guy." Mack says smiling at us picking at the lunch she had bought for her and Lauren. "Not sure why he'd wanna sit with us."Michael says stealing fries from his sister. "Because he's one of my best friends you'd like him if you knew him Mikey." I say leaning into Ashton who's much warmer than I am.

"Is that so." Michael says flatly opening a bag of chips. "Yeah it is." Calum chirps visibly flustered.
"So I was thinking since we have fall break we could go to a party I was invited to, the girl was totally nice and she insisted." I say looking up at Ashton who must have had a lot on his mind because he didn't answer. "A party is always a good idea we're going." Michael says finishing his whole bag of chips it up shoving it into Mack's empty fast food bag. "Sure we can go." Ashton says kissing me.

After school was over I walked out the front door tucking my hands in Ashton's leather jacket walking out to the parking lot seeing Ashton and Michael talking to my brothers and Calum. "What's going on." I say walking over to them standing beside Ashton.
"They were telling us about that party you were invited to." Michael says leaning against his car. "It's not until tomorrow afternoon, it's a big bonfire at the cabin." Ben says getting into the driver seat. "Well I was thinking that I'd go back to the house and get some clothes so I can stay at Ashton's for a while since we have break." I say looking between Ashton and Jack.
"Sure I'll drive you there and wait for you in the car." Ashton says as I walk around his car and we both get in. Pulling out of the parking lot behind Ben following them back to the house. "So my mom wants to meet you because jack had to go and make a big deal about me having hickeys." I say looking over at Ashton. "It's no big deal Lu." Ashton says holding my hand in his pulling into the driveway of my house. "I won't take too long, promise."'I say leaning over kissing him quickly before getting out of the car and going into the house.

"Do you really have to go stay at his place Luke?" Jack asks standing in the hallway as I walk into the house shutting the front door. "I don't know what your problem is with me staying at my boyfriends but I'm sure I didn't have time to listen to you complain about it." I say annoyed walking past him into my closet grabbing a bag filling it with a few outfits and some night clothes before getting my toothbrush and phone charger. "Because you're 16!" Jack says in a pissed voice standing at my doorway. "Why are you such an ass you aren't dad and you were being cool earlier!?" I say walking past him wishing he'd drop his bossy attitude. "I know I'm not Luke I actually care about you!" He yells as I grab a pair of my pink and red checkered vans. "Just stop I don't have time to argue with you!" I yell back slinging the door open. "Every time we fight you wanna compare us to dad it's bullshit!" Jack yells again as I walk out the front door slamming it behind me going to Ashton's car and getting in putting my stuff in the backseat.

" I'm really sick of his shit." I say seething was Ashton pulls out the driveway, the car ride to Ashton's was silent until we pulled in and went to his apartment.