misunderstanding

Alec's pov.

After Ashton left the hospital I was taken back to a recovery room and left there to wait for Jade. The nurses would occasionally poke their hands through the curtains to check in on me and to tell me how Jade is doing. To think I'm sitting here waiting for some girl I've never sat and talked to someone who had an obvious attachment with my younger brother till he tried to kill her.

Aren't we all just a bit fucked up?
Abandonment issues needing attention, pushing people away and having no sympathy for other people. I guess it's something I've grown so used to it didn't even seem like a problem. I've been this way since my mother was taken from me, I started to become self-absorbed, I had to be the center of attention and I still feel the need to have someone's attention and love. Ashton on the other hand easily gets his way, he could have whoever he wants and he makes people grow attached to him then he pushes them away and doesn't want them to be apart of his personal life or know what he's feeling. We were so close when we were younger he was one of my best friends, in s away it was because we were both needing someone to repair the damage we had from losing the ones that meant so much to us.
Jace unlike both of us is completely fucked up, he's a psycho he doesn't care about people and he gets violent when things don't go his way. He doesn't really love anyone in a wholehearted way he can't see anyone as their own being he has no sympathy and doesn't understand the feelings of others, which is something I think all three of us have become over the past few years.

Until Luke, he had to open our eyes to the fact that even if they're a bad person they're still a human. But some people have done too many wrongs to deserve a pass which he doesn't understand, he's never seen someone who has no moral understanding of people and the significance of life is something I have no grasp for. Bad people don't deserve a life, shitty terrible people don't deserve a pass. I sat there for a few moments looking down at my blank screen hoping Ashton would see my messages and know where Luke is. After a few moments, the curtains were pushed back and Jade was wheeled in the room on a large white bed still asleep from anesthesia. The nurses left soon after closing the curtains. I stood up from my chair looking in the large cabinet pulling out a pair of packaged scrubs just as Jade's eyes began to flutter. I sat the scrubs on the end of the bed and went back to the chair I was sitting knowing it would take a few minutes for her to actually wake up completely and be able to respond. "How are you feeling?"
I ask watching as she stretched and rubbed her eyes. "My arm hurts." She mumbles in a sleepy voice looking over at me.

"Because there are still stitches in it you just got out of surgery," I say watching as she looked down at the hospital she was wearing. "What happened?" She asks obviously still groggy from all the drugs. "Jace shot you and I brought you to hospital so you wouldn't bleed out," I say and she nods her head. "W-where's he at?" She asks trying to sit up in the bed. "He's at some hotel trying to kill my brother's boyfriend because he's insane," I say leaning back in my chair watching as she tried to sit up even though she has a heavy amount of anesthesia in her system. "Oh my god is he Luke is he okay?" She says pull herself up. "I don't know, only if Ashton gets to him," I say watching as worry comes over her and her eyes flicker with regret. "I-I tried to stop him I told him not to but He tried to kill me." She says laying her face in her hands. "So you knew about it," I say as she lifts her head looking over at me.
"I-I'll tell you everything just please don't hurt me." She says gripping onto the sheet laid across her leg. "I don't wanna hurt you, Jade, just tell me what you know," I say studying the worried expression on her face that had slowly begun to disappear. "After you, two shot up the bar I called an ambulance and I hid behind the counter, then Jace came and he uh made me feel better." She says her face turning red from embarrassment. "He manipulated you," I say and she sighs continuing what she was saying.

"He helped me out of the bar before the police and everyone showed up, he let me stay with him and he took care of me, then one day he told me to go to your school and find Luke so I could invite him to that party and I did, then while we were there h-he found Luke and he hurt him." She says looking down at her hands. "I didn't know he was going to hurt him, after he has done so he left him lying in the gravel and went back to the house you found me at earlier I was absolutely terrified I didn't know he was going to hurt him and then he told me he was going to find Luke and kill him so I started to yell and cry, I was trying to get him to stay away from him but he wouldn't listen so I tried to stop him from leaving and he shot me and left me." She says crying covering her mouth with her hands trying to muffle the sound.
"It's not your fault d-don't cry," I say standing up pulling her against me. It took a moment before she laid against me holding onto the back of my shirt. "He was g-gonna kill me." She says laying her face against me.
"He won't kill you we won't let him you'll be safe with me," I say looking down at her messy black hair. "C-can we just leave?" She asks looking up at me with glossy eyes and tear-stained cheeks.
"Yeah, we're gonna leave soon," I say smiling down at her letting her go and pulling out my phone seeing Ashton's messages.

Ashton:
I'm going now,
Go to my apartment after Jades released I don't want you at dads alone.

I reread the message wondering what was happening, why he mentioned dad's house. Maybe he just thought it would be safer at his apartment since Jace didn't know where it was.

Alec:
Why is has something happened at the house?
Ashton what's happening I'm leavening the hospital in a cab now.

I closed our messages dialing a cab to pick us up from the hospital then sliding my phone back into my pocket. "We're gonna leave soon change into those," I say pointing at the scrubs walking out the room getting a wheelchair binging it back into the room seeing Jade standing over the edge of the bed seeing jade only in a pair of scrub bottoms. "Oh shit sorry," I say turning around so I wasn't looking at her. "You didn't mean to it's okay you can turn around." She says in a low voice looking down at the floor. "Let's just go sit down," I say pointing to the wheelchair waiting as she sat down grabbing her old clothes and shoes wheeling her out of the front of the hospital towards a cab parked in the pickup lane. "Just one second I'll help you," I say opening the cab door then picking her up from the wheelchair and sitting her in the back seat and getting in beside her giving quick directions to Ashton's apartment.

The drive wasn't long, I paid the driver getting out and packing Jade upstairs to Ashton's apartment. "You know I can walk right?" She says with rosy pink cheeks. "I know but you just got out of surgery," I say closing the door to the apartment after letting her stand on her own. "I can throw these in the wash if you wanna go shower I'll show you where," I say walking through the apartment trailing behind me. I walk into the bathroom throwing her clothes in turning on the washer and adding detergent turning around seeing Jade already stripping off the cheap hospital scrubs stepping into the running shower. As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom I heard Ashton coming through the front door sitting Luke down on the couch.

"Ashton fuck thank god you're home!" I say says walking out of my bathroom over to Ashton standing in front of him.
"He's dead," Ashton says flatly sighing.
"Is he okay?" I ask looking over at Luke who's already fell asleep on the couch. "He shot him actually, but couldn't kill him and he somehow made him realize he was wrong and after he did he begged me not to kill him but I did," Ashton say looking over at Luke who's curled up on the couch. "Well, what about you?" I asks rubbing my hands together hearing the shower turn off. "I'm fine but I really h-hate to tell you that d-dads dead," Ashton says his voice breaking. "Wait I don't understand W-why didn't you tell me sooner," I say and tears begin streaming down my face. "I didn't want to text you and tell you and I didn't want you to be alone and see him," Ashton says quietly as jade walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her.
"So he's just l-laying there dead," I ask my voice sounding broken. "Yes, I had to go after Luke as soon as I found him." He says seeing Jade standing behind us holding her towel tightly against herself.
"We need to do something about it now Jade and Luke can stay here together," I say turning around looking at Jade. "Fine let's go, clothes are upstairs in the closet and dresser," Ashton says pointing to his bedroom door. "Uh thanks, w-where are you going?" Jade asks walking over to the stairs.

"My dad's we'll be back soon and if he wakes up tell him where we went," I say pointing at Luke as she walks up the stairs nodding her head and we leave the apartment going downstairs and getting in Wills Jeep driving quickly back to the house.

-authors note-

dedication to @sugarbabyluke thanks a lot for voting on all my chapters, lol at least I know someone likes it. If you ever wanna chat dm me or comment or whatever.