Funeral plans

Ashton's pov

After leaving Luke and Jade at the apartment Alec and I went to the house opening the front door seeing everything was untouched.
"So where do you wanna start." Alec says as we both stand together in the hallway before walking into dad's study. "We have get the place cleaned up, and we have to plan a funeral." I say walking over to his cabinets getting out all his keepsakes where he kept his will. "We're not getting police involved." I say opening up the envelope pulling out the papers. "He wants to be buried, there's a cherry tree he's always loved that was on the old cabin property." Alec says opening the top desk drawers. "There's a funeral place where dad took Noah and Liam that we can call to come get dad and get him ready for his funeral and someone to dig a grave and get a head stone." I say getting out my phone placing the call and reading over the papers. "He's not wearing some stupid ass suit he's always hated them." Alec says pulling out a tiny black book. "Dress shirt and pants it is, and his wedding bands." I say looking at the book in his hand. "We have to call Harry." Alec says opening the book full of phone numbers that dad kept hidden. "Yeah sure." I say rolling my eyes walking over to his closet that was in his bedroom across the hall getting a pair of black dress pants and a maroon dress shirt. "It isn't going to kill you maybe he's grown up, it has been over a year since you've seen him." Alec says getting his rings and watch from his dresser top. "Grown my ass he'll always be a childish prick." I say hearing as a vehicle pulls into the front of the house, I didn't bother to go see who once I heard her walk through the front door. "W-Why couldn't you tell me sooner." She says crying walking into Wills room where Alec and I are both standing. "It's been a long day." I say sighing pulling my sister into a hug. "Yeah I've been told, so what about you and Luke?" She asks pulling away from my hug. "He's at my apartment and Jace is dead so I guess I don't have to worry about him getting hurt." I say looking at the shelf of photo albums in Wills room.

"I can't believe you were going to just leave him you asshole." Lauren says smacking my shoulder glaring at me. "I couldn't let him get hurt again, but he handled himself with Jace." I say pulling down one of the books from the shelf opening it up. "W-wait handled it how?" She asks surprised knowing Luke isn't a fighter. "Well he shot him in the leg." I say looking down at the picture of my mother and Will on the first page.
"He really is something else." She says smiling looking down at the book. "Yeah he's definitely strong." I say turning through the pages seeing the other pictures he had of us when we were younger that my mother had always insisted on taking, feeling as Lauren pullEd me into a tight hug. "I miss her." She mumbles laying her head against my arm hearing another vehicle pull into the driveway. "Must be the funeral arrangement I called about earlier." I say looking down at my watch seeing it was only 8:00 and the sun had only been up a for few hours. "I'll go see." Alec says walking through the house stopping at the front door.
"Yeah it's them."
He yells back from the front door. "They're going to pick dad up and take him with them so let's get him out into the front room." I say walking to dad's office with Alec packing his lifeless body into the front room meeting with the older people who had ran the funeral
home we had been to many times. "I'm really to sorry to hear about Mr. Harbored, he was a good man in his own way." The older man says as we lay dad down on the stretcher so he could put him back into the hurst. "I guess that's how you could look at it." Alec says leaning back on the arm of the couch. "It's tragic that you've lost your parents so early in life, I'll make sure to call you when he's ready." He say closing the back of the vehicle. "We still have each other though." I say handing him the things we want to put dad in. "Which makes you lucky in a way." He says reaching across the drivers side putting them in the passenger seat. "Sorry about your loss once again." He says getting into the hurst and leaving.

After he had left with dad the three of us went back into the house cleaning up the office and looking through all the papers he had left behind. Of course he had never thought to decide who gets what because no one ever thought he would go this quick so we had done what we thought was best. We called Harry and told him that he was needed back in Australia for dad's funeral and important family matters. It took a while before he would actually pick up His phone but eventually he had and he agreed to come in on the soonest flight here from the U.K.

"I guess Lauren is over the house, since you're the youngest of us." Alec says laying the house title on dad's desk along with a few other papers. "Even for someone who was a crock at times he did keep his shit in order." I say shaking my head making my siblings laugh. "I don't think it's a big deal that you get the house, I was just looking at my own place that's about 10 minutes away." Alec says finding a set of keys in dad's desk. "Don't you dare think you're going to leave me by myself in this house." Lauren says scorning Alec before I interrupted her. "I bet this is for that damn lock box he keeps in his room." I say getting the keys from Alec walking into his room and looking through the keys getting the smallest one and opening the box seeing a few things inside. Like credit cards with our names along with an old Christmas picture of all of us and a couple stacks of cash ontop of passports we had never used. "I think he may have been planning something." I say pulling everything out of the safe putting it on his neatly made bed.

The three of us had decided not to split all of dad's money but to leave it be for whenever we may need it. It wasn't long till we had everything figured out, Alec and I decided to leave the house and drive back to the apartment. I went to Luke's and talked to Liz telling her that Luke was no longer in the hospital and to pick up clothes for Wills funeral not staying very long since it's obvious his brothers don't like me very much and I didn't want to leave Luke any longer than I had.

Once we got back to the apartment everything was quiet except for the tv in the living room playing some old romance. Luke and Jade were both asleep together on the couch. I wasn't going to wake him since he had already had such a long day.