Leaving town

Ashtons POV

After Luke left the three of us sat down in the living room together to take a beer break. "I think I'm going to leave soon I need to get back home." Harry says taking a drink of his beer before sitting down in a the coffee table. "You can't go yet Luke would be absolutely pissed." Alec says sitting beside me on the couch.

"Fine and as soon as Christmas is over I have to go no more waiting." Harry says looking down at his phone instead of at the two of us. "What are you in such a rush for?" I ask knowing that there must be something that's keeping him from staying here and going back to the U.K. "Don't tell me it's just business because I know it's something different." I say as he looks up at the the two of us annoyed. "Maybe it is, maybe I have work to do and I can't if I'm stuck here holding your hands helping you ." Harry says grabbing his beer off the table and walking out the the living room just as Luke walks through the front door. "Help me unload the car." He says to me sitting Zo down in the living room.

"Don't peak into the bags, I want everyone's gifts to be a surprise." Luke says smiling grabbing half the bags and following me into the house. After I finish helping him unpack the car he takes all the gifts into the bedroom along with several roles of rapping paper locking them into our bedroom. "So when can I come in?" I say leaning on the other side of the door. "Depends on how soon I get your gift wrapped." Luke says and I could tell how big he was smiling from the other side of the door.

"So what am I supposed to do in the meantime." I yell back looking into the living room watching as Alec plays with Zo. "Stand there and wait I guess." Luke says and I can hear the gift paper being unrolled. "So did you get to stop by your moms?" I ask leaning against the door frame. "I did, Ben wasn't home though." He says sighing. "I invited Lauren and Mack over for Christmas." I say hearing the door unlock and open reveling Luke with a weak smile puffy eyes and tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Luke what's wrong?" I ask pulling him into a hug holding him against my chest.
"My dad was there at moms." He says putting his head into the crook of my neck. "Did he try to hurt you Luke?" I say feeling his was breath again my collar. "No, no he didn't, Jack was there he wouldn't let him, and I invited them over for Christmas." Luke says looking up at me smiling shyly. "Why would you invite him over Luke you know we have people and drugs going back and forth until my brother leaves." I say trying not to be hot headed because he had clearly already had a hard day.

"He isn't going to do anything Ash, he even agreed that I could graduate this year and that he would leave me alone!" Luke says standing up from my lap. "Luke I'm not saying I don't believe you I just don't trust that asshole." I say pushing my hair back looking up at him. "So you're saying I'm wrong to try and work things out with my own dad Ashton?" Luke says crossing his arms stepping away from me. "No I'm not I'm just saying that it wasn't the best timing." I say sighing looking up at Luke.

"I really don't need you saying that I fucked up, I've already got a lot of people pissed off at me for trying to be the good guy Ash, what more can I do." He says stomping out of the bedroom. "Luke what are your doing?!" I call for him getting up form the bed following him through the house. "I'm leaving." He says putting on his sneakers standing beside the door. "Can you please explain what you think you're doing."I say standing in front of him as he grabs his car keys off the hanger. "It doesn't matter because I'm an adult." Luke says pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"Are you serious, what about dinner and wrapping gifts?" I say furrowing my eyebrows. "Go ahead and make dinner I'll be back eventually." Luke says walking out of the front door to his car getting inside and pulling out of the drive way. "Are you two okay?" Alec says walking towards me holding Zo. "We're fine, he's just in a bad mood and there's nothing I can say or do to fix it, every thing that comes out of my mouth is adding insult to injury." I say as the two of us walk towards the kitchen. "What's got him so worked up?" Alec asks sitting Zo down so she can play in the floor.

"Did he say what he was doing?" Alec asks watching Zo as I began looking through the groceries Luke had just bought. "I have no clue." I mumble grabbing things to start dinner for everyone. "I'm sure he'll be okay." Alec says walking over to the refrigerator grabbing a bottle of water. "He just tend to get hurt when he's left alone." I say as I turn on the stove and begin cooking.

"He's not the same kid you met at school, he shot our brother and killed his dad and now he's raising our kid." Alec says sitting back down at the island helping me cut vegetables. "He only did that because we put him in that situation otherwise he'd be just like all the other kids at our high school." I say getting frustrated with all the things that has been out of my control. "And he stuck by your side this whole time, I think he deserves to have a moment of rebellion." Alec says in a flat tone watching as Zo sits in the floor staring at the tv. "At least he didn't end up dead after his last suicide mission." Alec mumbles getting up from his seat walking out of the kitchen.

-Luke's POV-
After getting my keys and walking out of the house I called Mack who I haven't been able to see in a while. Even though I left a majority of details she agreed to come hang out with me. After hanging up the phone I left the house picking her up at her house seeing Michaels car parked beside hers. Eventually she came out the house and got into the passenger seat. "So are you going to tell me what you have planned or are you just dragging me along?" Mack says as we pull out of her driveway.

"Were going to be crazy and no one is going to stop us, Ashton isn't here to tell me to stop." I say as we continue driving down the road. "And that's your plans?" She asks sarcastically not questioning my motives. "Yes exactly!" I say before cutting through traffic pulling into a small road side shop. "A hair salon." Mack says looking over at me as we both get out if the car walking inside. "It's time for a chop, I want to feel like a bad bitch again." I say waking to the front desk paying for a haircut and styling. "Okay whatever you want Lu." Mack says smiling shaking her head. Once I sat down in the chair the hairdresser began to chop my hair off. "And what are we doing after this." She asks sitting across form me getting her hair trimmed and eyebrows waxed.
"I think it's time for a nice manicure afterwards." I say watching and she begins to style my hair . "Is that the best you've got?" Mack says

"What are you suggesting?" I
Ask as the hair dresser turns my chair around. "Maybe a little alcohol would pick you up." Mack says as we leave the hair salon.

- authors note- Annnd it's another 8 day gap in publishing, I really haven't wrote as much as I need to but now I have plenty of time for Wattpad

- authors note-
Annnd it's another 8 day gap in publishing, I really haven't wrote as much as I need to but now I have plenty of time for Wattpad. 🙃❤️