Chapter 5: Everything Has Change

Merida's pov:

I woke to the sound of Poppy practicing her sing for our singing lesson "Poppy, can you not sing so loud I'm trying to sleep." I complained. "In case you forgot, you are suppose to be meeting Hiccup for breakfast. Plus you two still have to decide on what song your going to sing." she explained. I can't believe that I almost forgot about Hiccup, I raced out of bed and got ready. By the time I raced out the front door I accidentally bumped into Anya "Sorry about that." I said to her. "That's alright Merida. Why are you in such a rush this morning?" asked Anya. "I'm late to meet up with someone at breakfast. And no I don't have a crush on him, we're just friends." I explained. Anya almost believed me and left as I raced to the main cabin to meet up with Hiccup "I hope I'm not too late." I said to myself.

By the time I entered to main cabin, I saw Hiccup with Jack, Quasimodo, Esmeralda and Elsa. I grabbed my breakfast from Kronk, he was once evil but now he has changed and he sometimes cooks for the camp as well. I sat down near Hiccup "Sorry I'm late. I overslept." I said. "It's ok Merida." said Hiccup. I was surprised that he didn't care weather I was late or not, maybe he is different. "So do you know what song that you want us to do?" he asks. I showed him a song that I think he might like "I hope you like it." I said, nervously. "I think it's perfect Merida." Hiccup explained. Hiccup tried to hand back my song but I told him to keep it so he could practice for our lesson later. "Merida! Come on! We have sword fighting practice!" shouted Mulan. I got up from my seat and followed Mulan to sword fighting practice.

Hiccup's pov:

Merida left us for her sword fighting practice with Mulan 'Can that girl be anymore amazing. What am I saying?' I thought. Jack snapped me out of my trans as I read the lyrics to Merida's song "You ok there Hiccup?" Jack asks me. "I think so. But for some reason I keep feeling a little strange when I'm around Merida." I explained.Quasimodo looked up at me and told me that I'm starting to have a crush on Merida. At first I didn't want to believe it but now I'm starting to "I think your right Quasimodo." I said. After breakfast, I joined up with Aladdin for flight racing which was my second favorite activity, mostly because back home we have Dragon Racing.

Aladdin and I were almost to flight racing when we overheard something from behind the bushes. "Sounds like Kuzco and his men are up to no good." explained Aladdin. Turns out he was right, Kuzco was teasing a young girl and one of his men had pushed her into a mud puddle "Cut it out!" screamed the little girl. Now, my blood began to boil with anger "I'll go get Moses." said Aladdin as he ran off to find Moses. I got out of my hiding spot and walked over to Kuzco.

Hiccup: "Hey! You heard her! Cut it out."

Kuzco: "Well, well, well... If it isn't the runt. Coming back for more?"

Hiccup: "I'm not looking for a fight, Just leave her alone."

Kuzco: "Just you? (Scoffs) You're gonna have to do better than that."

Moses (appears with Aladdin): "How about we even the odds?"

Kuzco: (Laughs) "Please. What are you going to do? Pray to the gods? (scoffs) Go back into the river where you belong."

Suddenly Toothless jumps out of the bushes and growls at Kuzco, Kuzco and his men ran away in fear. "Good work Bud." I said to Toothless then scratched his head. I ran over to the girl that Kuzco was teasing and helped her up out of the mud. The girl wore a green sweater, black shoes, and had black hair with candy in it plus it was tied into a ponytail with a licorice hair elastic.

Hiccup: "Are you ok?"

???: "Not really."

Hiccup: "What's you name?"