Chapter 7: Family Day Part 2

Jack's pov:

I found Rapunzel and Merida with their parents and told them about Hiccup and why he isn't happy about Family Day "Are vikings usual that strict with their kids?" Rapunzel asked. "Not really. I think it's only Hiccup. I remember him telling me about his childhood and  village last night." I explained to the girls. Rapunzel and Merida felt so sorry for Hiccup and the way he was treated "And I thought I had a horrible childhood." said Rapunzel. I spotted Hiccup talking to his friends  and I lead the girls over to him.

Jack: "Hey Hiccup."

Hiccup: "Hey Jack. You brought Rapunzel and Merida?"

Rapunzel: "Don't worry, we'll be fine."

Hiccup: "Don't say I didn't warned you guys. This are the dragon riders. this is Astrid, Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ruffnut and Tuffnut."

Rapunzel: "Nice to meet you all. I'm Rapunzel."

Jack: "I'm Jack Frost."

Merida: "And I'm Merida."

Snotlout: "Hello ladies." (winks at Rapunzel and Merida.)

Merida: "Save it. I've dealt with selfish man before back home and I'm not going to deal with you."

Hiccup's pov:

Just great, I haven't seen the gang in a while and Snotlout is already causing trouble even when I told him not to. At least two good things about this is that the other riders don't seem to mind my friends here and they haven't caught on about the singing thing. "Guys there's something you need to know." I said. "Hiccup, it's ok. You can tell us." said my dad. "Well, the thing is... Merida and I are kind of dating." I said, calmly.

The riders were shocked but not as shocked as Snotlout "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! Hiccup mange to get a girlfriend already!" He shouted. "Is he always like this?" Merida asked. "Pretty much. You have no idea how hard it is dealing with him and his annoy whiny voice." explained Astrid. "Don't worry, we've got one of these guys as well." said Jack.

Merida's pov:

Astrid and I were hitting off real well with each other, I invited her to come with me to the target rage for some bonding. Astrid showed me some of her ax throwing skills and I showed her some of my archery skills "You have got to show me how you did that." she said. I had to admit Astrid was one girl I would defiantly hang with.

Merida: "What is Berk like exactly?"

Astrid: "An island full of dragon with villagers. Snows nine months a year and hails the other three. Plus we can be pretty stubborn."

Merida: "I guess that's where Hiccup gets it from."

Astrid: "You'd be surprised. So how did you two fall for each other?"

Merida: "The summer dance and a little love shot from Snow White."

Astrid: "Who's Snow White?"

Merida: "She's a good friend of mine. She's also the dance cupid and the one who got me and Hiccup together."

Astrid: "Nice. I'm happy for the both of you."

Merida: "Thanks. Are you sure it's ok?"

Astrid: "I'm fine with it. Me and Hiccup are just friends and besides we used to have feelings for each other but we weren't ready."

Merida: "Thanks for telling me. (hears the sound of music) Oh no! I forgot the family dance in the dance hall! We've got to hurry!"

I can't believe I almost forgot about the dance, Astrid and I headed inside and Hiccup was waiting for me "Sorry about that Hiccup." I said to him. "It's alright. You want to dance?" he asked. I nodded yes and we headed to the dance floor.