Chapter 10: Riding Free

Hiccup's pov:

After the scare story contest last week, Mushu and Donkey were final able to come out of their cabins and Shrek was already regretting it. Rapunzel led me to the stables for riding practice except I'm not riding a dragon, I'm riding a horse. I have never even rode on a horse so I'm a little nervous "Are you sure about this Rapunzel? I mean, the only thing I know how to ride is a dragon." I explained. "Don't worry about it Hiccup, a few of us have ridden on horses before so we can teach you." said Rapunzel. I was grateful for all of their help but I wasn't sure on what horse to ride on.

Suddenly we heard a loud noise coming from the center of camp "It sounds like a horse in trouble." said Rapunzel. "We better go see what's going on." I said as the two of us ran back to camp. It turns out Rapunzel was right, there was a horse in trouble and it was tangled up in ropes thanks to Kuzco and Tulio. The horse was thrashing around crazy, trying to break free from the ropes but Kuzco and Tulio kept pulling the ropes harder "If this keep up, they could hurt that poor horse." said Rapunzel. "Leave it to me. I need you to go get Merlin or Fairy Godmother and let them know what's going on while I try to free the horse." I said.

Rapunzel left to find Merlin or Fairy Godmother while I tried to get close enough to the horse but it kept moving "I'd back away if I were you runt. This horse will only listen to my commands." Kuzco snapped. I don't listen to Kuzco and besides I don't think the horse belongs to Kuzco 'It looks like this is a wild horse.' I thought. I got close to the horse and managed to calm it down "It's ok. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to help free you." I said to the horse in a calm voice. Once the horse finally calmed down, I found a sharp rock and cut the ropes and the horse broke free.

Kuzco was mad about me helping the horse that he tried to lasso both of us "This will teach you to stay out of our business!" he shouted. Suddenly the horse pulled me out of the way of the ropes and Rapunzel found Fairy Godmother and brought her to the trouble Kuzco was causing.

Fairy Godmother: "What is the meaning of all this?!"

Hiccup: "Kuzco was trying to capture a wild horse and trying to claim it as his own."

Fairy Godmother: "Is this true Kuzco?"

Kuzco: "It is not true. He tried to steal my horse from me."

Rapunzel: " Fairy Godmother. I know Hiccup, he would never do anything like that. If it's any consolation, he was trying to save that wild horse and the horse saved him."

Hiccup: "She's telling the truth."

Fairy Godmother: "Very well. Hiccup, you are excused. As for you Kuzco, you and Tulio will be severely punished for trying to kidnap a wild horse. Report to Merlin immediately."

Hiccup: "Thanks for the help."

Rapunzel: "Anytime. But the question is, where did this wild horse come from?"

Hiccup: "I don't know. Fairy Godmother, have you seen this horse before?"

Fairy Godmother: "Of course. Merlin and I found this horse three summers ago, he was running from terrible people who were trying to kidnap this horse for slavery. We brought it to camp but it didn't want to be in the stables with the other horses so we let it roam around camp and he's been in the woods ever since."

Hiccup: "Has anyone ever tried to ride him?"

Fairy Godmother: "I'm afraid not. Many have tried but have failed. I guess no one has earn this ones trust."

Rapunzel: "What if Hiccup tried? He did free the horse from Kuzco's ropes and the horse did pull Hiccup out of the way."

Fairy Godmother: "I guess you can give it a try. Just be careful."