Chapter 32: The Nutcracker Part 1

Rapunzel's pov:

Merlin and Fairy Godmother called everybody to the front lawn for a special announcement 'I hope it's something good.' I thought. "We have exciting news! In two days, we will have some campers doing the Nutcracker ballet. We will have auditions today after lunch and rehearsal practice will be after all activities. So good luck all you dancers." said Fairy Godmother. I love the Nutcracker, but I think I want to tryout for a different part of the ballet. I mean, Flynn and I starred in Swan Lake last year so it's only fair.

I saw Elsa, Anna, and Merida and I sat down near them. We talked about what parts we each want, Elsa wanted the role of the Snow Queen, Anna wanted the role of Herr Stahlbaum's wife, Merida wanted the role of Klara the lead, and I wanted the role of the Sugar Plum Fairy. "You know Merida, if your going for the role of Klara then Hiccup must be going for the role of the Nutcracker Prince." I said. Merida started to blush at the thought of the two of them dancing together. 'I wonder if Hiccup is trying out for the ballet.' I thought.

Jack's pov:

The guys and I were talking about what parts we wanted, I wanted the role of the Snow King, Flynn wanted the role of the Mouse King, and Kristoff wanted the role of Herr Stahlbaum. Others wanted to be extras in the ballet, costume designs, set designs or stage management. Hiccup didn't even want to audition "Why don't you want to audition?" I asked. "The whole time you have to dance and I can't dance." answered Hiccup. I was surprised,I mean if he can sing then I bet he can dance.

Hiccup walked out of the main cabin and me, Dagur, Aladdin, Miguel and Branch decided to follow him. We followed Hiccup towards the dance studio and inside as well but we lost him, suddenly we started to hear music "What was that?" Aladdin asked. We then followed the music to an empty room and inside was Hiccup and what we saw was extraordinary. Hiccup could dance, we watch him from outside the room and boy is he good.

Hiccup was so lost in the music that he didn't even see us watching him and clapping for him as well "Nice moves Hiccup!" Branch shouted. Hiccup stopped dancing and saw us, he then became pale and almost passed out luckily Miguel and Dagur caught him before he hit the ground. "How long were you guys watching?" asked Hiccup. "Long enough to see that you dance pretty great." Miguel answered.

Aladdin: "You should audition for the ballet."

Hiccup: "I can't you all saw what happens. Anytime I face an audience, I freeze and pass out from fear. I look like a dragon at an eel party."

Jack: "Come on, you sing all the time in front of people."

Hiccup: "That's different. I'm more confident singing than dancing."

Jack: "I think I know just the thing."

Dagur: "Don't even think about it Jack. You can't push HIccup into getting over his fear."

Jack: "I was going to say that he could come watch the auditions with us. I mean, some of us are auditioning."

Hiccup: "I don't know guys."

Miguel: "Relax. I'm sure it will be fine."

Hiccup: "Alright, I'll come but only to watch."

Jack: "If you say so."

Hiccup's pov:

I still can't believe that they saw me dancing but then again they did invite me to see the auditions for the Nutcracker. Half of the girls at camp were going for the female lead and some were pretty good but not as good as Merida. When I saw her dance it was like the two of us were in a fairytale. Merlin, Fairy Godmother and Sebastian were very impressed with Merida's dance then they called up the boys to audition for the male lead "Wish me luck Hiccup." said Jack.