Chapter 55: A Gruff Separtation

Hiccup's pov:

Tuffnut and I were going to Dragon's Edge to celebrate his and Ruffnut's 19th birthday. We brought Jack, Dagur, Anya, Mulan, Miguel, Merida, Moana, Aladdin and Anna with us "Thanks you guys for inviting us to come along." said Moana. "Anytime, besides I can't wait to show you guys the Edge." I said. We finally arrived at Dragon's Edge and Fishlegs, Snotlout and Ruffnut were already on the beach waiting for us.

Astrid was out on patrol of the island so she'll meet up with us later "This place is awesome Hiccup!" shout Anna. The other riders looked confused "That would be Anna. Elsa's younger sister, she can be a bit over excited. And this is Mulan, she's a pretty fierce warrior." explained Jack. Pretty soon Astrid had arrived from patrol but in Stormfly's mouth was the twins cousin Gruffnut "Oh great. What's he doing here?" I asked. "Don't look at us. We didn't invite him." said Tuffnut. We walked to the stables where Gruffnut was being locked up.

Anya: "You guys know him?"

Hiccup: "That's the twins cousin Gruffnut, he's a scam artist."

Jack: "And you guys hate him?"

Ruffnut: "Yeah. Last time, he tried to steal our dragons and sell them to the hunters to pay off his debt."

Tuffnut: "Plus he stole my clothes and pretended to be me."

Moana: "Huh? I guess you didn't mention the family resembles."

Ruffnut: "If you came here to ruin our party, you might as well forget it."

Gruffnut: "No. You got me all wrong, Ruff. See, I've got something important to tell you. I've been sent here to administer the 'Thorston Induction Trials.'"

Merida: "Is he serious?"

Hiccup: "You have to be kidding. You expect us to buy that?"

Tuffnut: "Of course I believe him."

All: "What?!"

Tuffnut: "We've been waiting our whole lives for this."

Snotlout: "What kind of ridiculous clan has their coming-of-age ritual at 19? The Jorgensons  do it at nine months, and we have to kill a bear."

Anya: "He's joking right?"

Dagur: "I don't think he is."

Ruffnut: "Most Thorstons don't have that long of a life span, so if you actually make it to 19, it's a pretty big deal."

Tuffnut: "And because of this, every Thorston, on their 19th birthday, must complete three extremely dangerous challenges."

Moana: "Which is designed by the council of their clan to test the mental, physical, and height limits of a member taking the trials. Then you're officially inducted into the clan."

Astrid: "How did you...?"

Moana: "It's the same thing on my island."

Gruffnut: "So you two going to introduce me or..."

Moana: "Sorry. I'm Moana, daughter of Motunui's chief Tui. And Tuffnut's girlfriend."

Snotlout: "She's a Heiress?!"

Hiccup: "Yes she is. But guys are you sure this is real?"

Ruffnut: "We appreciate the concern, Haddock, and I admit Gruffnut's a slimy, two-bit scam artist. But you can't argue with the scroll. Now then Tuff and I have to get ready for the trials so if you'll excuse us."

Moana's pov:

I really didn't like this one bit even Hiccup did look concerned as well. The next day, the twins agreed not to do the trials since there was only one opening spot available but Gruffnut somehow convinced them to take the trials and now me, Hiccup, Anya and Aladdin went with Gruffnut to Speed Stinger Island where the twins had to milk a Speed Singer for its venom. "You sure there's no way they get hurt?" Aladdin asked Gruffnut. "Of course." he answered.