Chapter 57: The Love Of A Father

Hiccup's pov:

Another perfect morning here at camp, at least that's what I thought it was going to be like. I started to feel weird when I awaken from my sleep. My head was pounding like a drum, my vision was half blurry, my body felt so heavy and my throat felt so dry. Toothless must have saw me and gave me a worried look "I'm fine bud. Don't worry about it." I said. Toothless then ran outside I thought he wanted some fresh air but then I realized he was going to find Viggo. I love my dragon but sometimes he can be so overprotective.

A few seconds later, I heard Toothless and Viggo walk in. I didn't want Viggo to worry I mean, he is my dad and all but ever since I was a kid when I was sick I didn't have anyone to care for me unless it was Gothi or Gobber. I pulled my covers over my head and pretended to still be asleep when Viggo walked into my room. It almost worked until Toothless started to pull the covers off and lick me until I was awake "Come one! You know that never washes out!" I shouted at Toothless.

I began to flick away some of the dragon slobber off of me until Viggo saw me "You ok Hiccup? Toothless looked pretty worried." he said. I tried to tell my dad that I was fine but then I started to cough hard and the room began to spin. Viggo caught me in his arms, he placed his hand on my forehand "You're burning up. Are you sure you're feeling okay?" he asked. "I'm fine Dad. I'm just a little lightheaded." I answered. Viggo didn't really believe me when I tried to tell him that I was okay.

He then placed me back into my bed and pulled the covers up to my chin "I think you have a cold my boy. Why didn't you tell me that you were sick?" Viggo asked me. I told him about how I would try to hide being sick when Stoick was around and that I didn't have anyone to care for me when I was sick. Viggo was shocked that I would try to hide being sick "Well, I'm going to take care of you. I'll be back with something for you to eat and some medicine." he said while rubbing my head. 

After a few minutes of waiting, my dad came back with some warm soup and some medicine for me. The truth was that I was starving but I never asked Stoick for anything so I was still new to this. I tried to sit up but my dad pushed me back down, he pulled the spoon up to my mouth "Open up." he said. I was blushing hard but I did as Viggo said and the soup tasted so good against my rough throat. With in seconds the bowl was empty "I guess you really were hungry." he said to me.

I saw the medicine that Viggo had in his hand I knew what that medicine was, Gothi gave it to me before and it was terrible. I sank deeper under the covers when Viggo placed the spoonful of medicine in front of my face"Come on Hiccup." Viggo said calmly. I let out a small whimper and sank even deeper into the covers. Viggo could tell that I was scared, he placed the medicine down and pulled off the covers from my face. He cradled me into his arms, calming me down then he gave me the medicine "See that wasn't so bad." he said to me.

I never felt so relaxed in my life, Viggo grabbed a wet cloth and placed it onto my forehead then gently brushed my bangs away from my face. He then hummed a small tune which made me feel sleepy "Get some rest my little dove." he said to me. "Wait, can you tell me how you and mom met?" I asked. Viggo then began telling me about how he and my mother first met here at camp.

The Savior and The Hunter Story (A/N: Viggo and Valka are the same age as 14)

It was a nice cool night, every camper was celebrating the camps anniversary. Fairy Godmother chooses which two people get to sing a duet together. She then pointed her wand at Valka and then at Viggo "Oh no. I don't think so. I didn't sing." pleaded Viggo. Even Valka was trying to hide but she was pushed onto stage along with Viggo.

Viggo:

Living in my own world, didn't understand
That anything can happen, when you take a chance

Valka:

I never believed in what I couldn't see (oh)
I never opened my heart (oh) to all the possibilities, ooh

Both:

I know that something has changed
Never felt this way

Valka:

And right here, tonight

Both:

This could be the start of something new
It feels so right to be here with you, oh
And now, looking in your eyes
I feel in my heart (I feel in my heart) the start of something new
Oh, yeah

Viggo:

Now who'd have ever thought that, mmm
We'd both be here tonight? Oh

Valka:

Yeah, and the world looks so much brighter (brighter, brighter)
Oh, with you by my side (by my side)

Both:

I know that something has changed
Never felt this way
I know it for real

This could be the start of something new
It feels so right to be here with you, oh
And now, looking in your eyes
I feel in my heart the start of something new

Viggo:

I never knew that it could happen, 'til it happened to me
Oh, yeah

Valka:

I didn't know it before, but now it's easy to see, oh

Both:

It's the start of something new
It feels so right to be here with you, oh
And now, looking in your eyes
I feel in my heart

That it's the start of something new
It feels so right (so right) to be here with you, oh
And now, looking in your eyes (looking in your eyes)
I feel in my heart (feel in my heart)
The start of something new (the start of something new)

The entire camp cheered when they finished singing "You have a beautiful voice. I'm Viggo." said Viggo. "Thanks, you're not so bad yourself. I'm Valka." said Valka. Pretty soon the two of them starting hanging out more and more. Valka even met Viggo's older brother, Ryker and even he was starting to like her.

Viggo's pov:

I finally finished up the story of how Valka and I first met to my son and boy was he shocked "Time to rest now little dove." I said. "Why do you call me that? I'm not so innocent." he said to me. I explained why I call Hiccup "a little dove" since he and his mother have the same innocents inside, I always thought he was a dove to me. Hiccup began to fall asleep but his eyelids were still having a battle "You want me to sing a lullaby to you?" I asked. Hiccup nodded his head very slowly then I sang to him.

Viggo:

Quietly, hush now to sleep
On the wings of a butterfly
Let all your cares drift away
For now is the end of the day

If you close your eyes and count to ten
You'll hear your dreams are calling again
Just follow the moon
For all too soon
A new day will appear
You'll have nothing to fear
For wherever you are and forever
I'll be here

Hiccup then fell back to sleep, I now was becoming a good father to my son. I suddenly heard a knock at the door "Must be his friends being worried about him." I said to myself. But when I opened the door, it was my own brother Ryker "What are you doing here Ryker?" I said cruelly. Ryker had left the hunters for me and Hiccup, he heard me trying to get through to Hiccup when he was under the evil spell. He wanted to be help me with Hiccup "We'll wait til Hiccup is feeling better." I said to him. But if neither me or Ryker is leading the hunters, then who is?