Chapter 25: A Royal Cook Off Part 1

Rapunzel's pov:

Tiana and I have been friends since my first day of camp and she always knows just how to cheer you up. Tiana works very hard in the kitchen, helping Kronk and Genie preparing meals for the camp. Tiana loves to make her dad's special gumbo for dinner and her world famous beignets for dessert. The entire camp loved her cooking well almost everyone, Kuzco really likes to push Tiana's buttons until one night he finally pushed her overboard.

Tiana was cooking up more of her dad's gumbo for tonight's dinner and I was helping her out with the dessert."I don't know how you make it look so easy." I said. "Gumbo's already done. How's the pie coming along?" she asked. Spending most of your life in a tower means you have time to do plenty of hobbies. I was still having trouble coming up with the perfect flavor until Tiana came over and helped. Then she did something I haven't heard in a long time, sing.

Tiana:

Sugar
Sugar
Sugar, butter
Sugar, butter
Sugar, butter, flour

My hands pluck the things I know that I'll need
I take the sugar and butter from the pantry
I add the flour to begin what I am hoping to start
And then it's down with the recipe
And bake from the heart

Sugar
And butter
And flour
And father

What's inside?
Everyone wants to know what's inside
And I always tell them
But I feel more than words can say
You wanna know what's inside?
Simple question, so then what's the answer?
My whole life is in here
In this kitchen baking
What a mess I'm making

Tiana stopped singing when she saw me "Why did you stop? That was beautiful." I said. Tiana blushed and grabbed the pot of gumbo then headed out to see how people will love it. The best thing Tiana loves about this was seeing the smiles upon the campers faces when they taste her cooking. Once the campers each tasted her gumbo, the smiles came and loved it "It's wonderful, isn't Rapunzel?" Tiana asked. "It sure is." I said. But like all bright days, there was always a dark cloud behind it.

Tiana's pov:

Rapunzel and I make the best team but she was right about one thing, the dark cloud behind every bright day and that was usually the one and only Kuzco. He would always try to ruin my father's gumbo but what he said to me was really heart broken. "No wonder this is the only dish you can make. You just want to keep pretending that your father is around. Well guess what, he isn't here anymore. So try doing something else then cooking. oh wait, you can't because your just a charity case." he said.

I was so heart broken that I ran out of the main cabin and into the forest. I couldn't handle all of Kuzco's lies, my daddy always supported my dreams when I was a little girl. If it wasn't for him then I would have never have found my gift. I felt the rhythm of a song stirring up inside me and I can't help but sing.

Tiana:

Sugar
Sugar, butter, flour

Sometimes I still see him
My father, the dreamer
He'd say, "nothing's impossible, child"

A dream needs believing
To taste like the real thing
Like some stranger you recognize

So pure, so electric

So sure, so connected

To those little believers inside
May we all be so lucky

But dreams are elusive
The kind we've gotten used to is

Nothing I can feel
Nothing I can hold
Nothing I can have
Nothing that I know

Dreams come and they go

But hold them and keep them

And know that you need them

When your breaking point's all that
You have
A dream is a soft place to land
May we all be so lucky

Sugar, butter, flour