Chapter 25: A Royal Cook Off part 2

Hiccup's pov:

Kuzco was really in for it now, Me merida and Jack went with Rapunzel to go and find Tiana in the forest. We soon heard the sounds of someone singing "That has to be Tiana." said Rapunzel as she ran off. She was right it was Tiana, most of us have never even heard Tiana sing but the four of us could tell that she was good. Tiana snapped out of her song when she saw us and blushed.

Tiana: "How long have you been watching?"

Merida: "Long enough to hear you sing."

Tiana: "Please don't tell anyone."

Hiccup: "Why not?"

Tiana: "Well I did sing before but after what happened to my daddy, I haven't sung a note again."

Rapunzel: "Well, if it helps everyone at camp is worried about you."

Tiana: "Really?"

Merida: "Yes, come on let's go give Kuzco a stern talking to."

We headed back to the main cabin but by the time we got there, Kuzco had Tulio by his side which was never a good sign. Merlin and Fairy Godmother were there as well but with a stern look on their face "Tiana, did you leave your place in the kitchen?" Merlin asked. "Well yes. I just needed some air that's all." Tiana answered. Merlin then tells us the Kuzco told Merlin and Fairy Godmother that Tiana was trying to skip out of her cooking.

Tiana was trying to tell them that Kuzco was the reason that she ran out of the main cabin but Kuzco had a way to turn things around "I challenge Tiana to a cook off. And the loser has to leave camp forever." he said. Everyone gasped and were surprised because Tiana is the best cook around "I accept your deal. On one condition, we pick a partner to help." said Tiana. Kuzco agreed with the terms and the contest was underway.

Tiana's pov:

I choose Rapunzel as my partner and Kuzco choose Tulio as his. Hiccup, Miguel, Naveen and Merlin are the judges while Fairy Godmother watched us prepare our dishes. Things were really heating up. Rapunzel and I were making a batch of cupcakes until when we turned around to check on the frosting, Kuzco and Tulio put bugs in the batter. Rapunzel and I only have twenty minutes left to make the perfect dish. That was when I remembered my daddy and I would make the tastiest pie ever "That's show them what baking can do." I said then I started to sing while we worked.

Tiana:

Make it work
Make it easy
Make it clever, craft it into pieces
Make it sweet
Crimp the edges
Or make it sour and serve with lemon wedges
Even doubt
Can be delicious
And it washes off of all the dirty dishes
When it's done
I can smile
It's on someone else's plate for a while

I'll place it on display
And then I'll slice and serve my worries away

I can fix this
I can twist it into sugar, butter covered pieces
Never mind what's underneath it
I have done it before
I'll bake me a door to help me get through
I learned that from you
Daddy, it's amazing what baking can do

Make it up
And surprise them
Tell them all my secrets but disguise them
So they dance on the tongues
Of the very people that they're secrets from
Make it soon
Make it better
Though, better never lasts forever
I'll make it small so it fits