Chapter 9: A Fright to Remember

A/N: Hey guys, so for this chapter I decided to use one of my favorite Shrek short films "Scared Shrekless" so campers tell scary stories all night long and who ever last the longest will be named the king or queen of spooky campfire stories. Also if your a little screamish feel free to skip out on some of the scary stories. Have a great fright.

Hiccup's pov:

After Kuzco stole my voice, he was assigned to critter duty in the camps stables. I was surprised that they even had a stables. Over the passed days, I have been having the time of my life with all my friends. Me, Jack and Branch we're heading back to our cabin after our music lesson but we got a bit startled by Shrek "Seriously Shrek?! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I shouted at him. "Come on! Didn't tell me you don't like a little scare?" Shrek asked me. I explained to them how the reason why I don't like pranks is because of the twins and their Loki pranks they always pull on the village.

Shrek agreed not to pull another prank on me and walked with us to his cabin as an apology but when we got there, the door was opened a little. "Hold the phone. Which one of my bunk mates left the door opened?" Shrek asked. "You don't think someone is inside?" Jack asked. "Now who in their right mind would walk into a cabin with an ogre in it?" Shrek pointed out as he opened the door. When he opened the door completely, the lights came back on and almost every camper was in here trying to scare Shrek "Oh wow, terrifying, I don't know how I'll sleep tonight." Shrek said sarcastically.

Almost everyone was a bit disappointed that they didn't scare Shrek "Come on! You said this was gonna scare him!" shouted Poppy. Hiro, Jack and I had no idea on what was going on "Alright. Alright. Will someone explain to us  what in the name of Thor is going on here?" I asked. "Mushu and Donkey wanted to pull a prank on Shrek into scaring him but it didn't work." Dulcinea explained. I guess it does make sense but from what I've read in many books on ogres is that they never get scared so trying to make Shrek afraid is pretty pointless.

Donkey: "Come on Shrek! You weren't even a little bit scared!"

Shrek: " Donkey, didn't you learn your lesson on Halloween? Ogres do the scaring, not get scared. Besides I'm still the king of Halloween."

Mushu: "Oh please! I bet anyone of us could out last you."

Shrek: "What are you proposing there lizard?"

Mushu: "First off, it's dragon, DRAGON! Not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing. (he does it and the other look confuse) Second, tonight at the campfire all of us tell scary stories all night long."

Dagur: "I already like the idea. But what does the winner get?"

Mushu: "Who ever lasts the longest will be named the king or queen of the night!"

Shrek: "I accept the bet."

Donkey: "We double accept!

Shrek: "Does anyone else want to join in our contest?"

Almost everyone agreed to join in except Hiccup.

Shrek: "You sure you don't want to join in Hiccup?"

Hiccup: "I'm not really into contests."

Jack: "Come on, it'll be fun."

Dagur: "I'll make sure Kuzco doesn't show up."

Hiccup: "Okay I'm in."

Mushu: "Okay let's get this show on the road!"

Shrek: "Whoa, whoa, whoa! I didn't say we were doing this here. You name the terms, I name the place."

Hiccup: "Where exactly are we going?"

Shrek: "You'll see."

Dagur's pov: