Chapter 32: The Nutcracker Part 2

Hiccup's pov:

After Jiminy told me about my mother and her powers, I got to thinking that if my mother had magic then maybe I have her magic as well. But I couldn't worry about that now, I was at practice for the Nutcracker ballet with Merida. We both got the male and female leads for the ballet and I have never felt so comfortable. Things were going great, Giselle and Cinderella were in charge of the costumes for the show and I was on guard in case Kuzco was trying to kill me. Jiminy gave me a few more tips to improve on my dance and showed me more memories of her.

I had been working really hard the past few days and now we were on the final dress rehearsal then tonight the show will begin. I was a little nervous for the show but the necklace Jiminy gave me was helping me getting over my fear. Merida and I finished the part where we dance together until Kuzco came in and snached the necklace off of me "Give it back." I demanded. "Let's see if this old thing is unbreakable." he said and tried to throw the necklace but I snatch it back from him. He started taunting me again until I have had enough and he challenged me to a dance off.

Kuzco: "I'm going to show you how a real dancer acts."

Hiccup: "That's a lot coming from you."

Kuzco: "When I'm done with you, the audience will be looking at me."

Hiccup: "I think they would rather stare at the mouse king than you."

Merida: (laughs) "Nice one."

Hiccup: "Thanks."

Kuzco: "Oh please. He is just a useless runt. He is and always a useless runt."

Hiccup: "Only one way to find out. Right here, right now."

We danced and danced against each other until Kuzco pulled me by my hair which caused me to fall off balance "Once a runt always a runt." he said. But then as Kuzco was about to finish me off I felt a strange energy from my hands and a small blast of light energy sent Kuzco flying 'What is this?' I thought. Suddenly Fairy Godmother opened the doors and saw Kuzco and me still on the stage and saw the blast of magic I accidently used "What happened?" she asked. Merida began explained everything to her and she had Kuzco head outside along with Merida. Fairy Godmother then transport me to her cabin on the other side of camp.

Her cabin was larger and different than everyone else's, she had a lot of spell books, a case for her wand, and a few memory orbs of my mother. "I take it Jiminy told you everything." I said. "Yes he has, my grandchild." she answered. I was surprised and a little shook when she called me her grandchild and showed me kindness. She saw my hands tremble with anxiety as the magic began to build up "Relax, the more scared you feel the less control you will have." she said in a calm voice. I did as she said and the magic from my hands slowly faded away until it was gone completely.

Hiccup: "How did you know?"

Fairy Godmother: "Your mother had the same problem when she was a young girl."

Hiccup: "Did my mother ever let you met me?"

Fairy Godmother: "She did once. When you were just a baby, I met your parents two nights after you were born. You were so small, your mother asked me to grant you a special gift."

Hiccup: "My magic."

Fairy Godmother: "Yes. You should have seen your mother, her face was lit up when I gave you that gift."

Hiccup: "And my dad?"

Fairy Godmother: "Stubborn in the face of stupid. He wanted me to take the gift back but I told him that once the gift is in the wishers hands, it becomes apart of them."