Chapter 34: The Islander and The Viking

Moana's pov:

I have never been interested in finding love but I guess things can change. I saw Tuffnut at the Family Day dance, once I saw him I was developing a crush he even waved to me. Later he and the other riders joined us for Genies trip to Avalor and I started to realized that I was in love with him. I couldn't get him out of my mind but after he showed up for a visit during Mary Poppins was helping out we began to talk and he made me laugh with his jokes. After the whole Hans fiasco, Tuffnut decided to stay a little longer even though his sister was ready to leave.

I was out for a swim in the lake when I saw Tuffnut with Hiccup and Merida "Hey guys! You coming in?!" I called out. Tuffnut was the first to jump in the lake which was pretty fun while Hiccup and Merida stayed on the shore. Tuffnut and I talked about the most craziest thing we have ever done. He told me that he and his sister tried being leaders for their outpost but failed when the fireworms tried to burn everything to the ground.

Moana: "At least you two learned how hard leading is."

Tuffnut: "Okay. What about you?"

Moana: "Well, back when I sailed to Te Fiti with Maui. We had to find his hook in Lalotai, the Realm of Monsters I jumped into the entrance and I crashed onto Maui and I ended up as bait for Tamatoa which caused him to sing about himself."

Tuffnut: "Whoa, seriously?!"

Moana: "Yeah, he's like Maui but a bit more egotastic."

Tuffnut: "Sounds like Snotlout. Everytime he flirts with Astrid he'd always struck out."

Moana: (laughs) "If I didn't know any better, I'd say Snotlout and Maui would be related."

Tuffnut: "Sounds like it."

Moana: (giggles)

Tuffnut: "Moana, I was wondering if you would want to go on a date tonight?"

Moana: "By the lake?"

Tuffnut: "Yeah."

Moana: "Of course. I love to."

I was so excited for my first date with Tuffnut, I ran back to my cabin to tell Snow White, Jasmine, Anna, and Mulan about my date. Snow and Jasmine helped me look a little nice for Tuffnut "You think his going to love this?" I asked Snow. "Of course he will." said Snow White. I waited til the end of the activities and dinner and walked to the lake 'I wonder if Tuffnut has something special planned?' I thought.

Tuffnut's pov:

I can't believe she said yes and now I was nervous I mean I have never been on a date before, good thing I know just the guy to ask for help. I ran into Hiccup's cabin asking him for advice on dating "Tuff, there's nothing to worry about. Just be yourself and a gift never hurts." he explained. I knew just what to do, since Moana loves the sea I figured a bracelet of shells would be perfect and I would take her on a moonlit flight around the camp 'I hope she likes it.' I thought.

Soon when night began to fall and I say Moana waiting for me by the lake "It's now or never." I said. I walked up to Moana and gave her a warm smile, she was so surprised and loved the gift I gave her "Any other tricks for tonight?" she said. "Just one more." I said as I called my dragon. Moana wasn't afraid when she saw Barf and Belch "You wanna go for a ride? We can get a better view of the camp." I asked. "Is it safe?" she asked. "Sure. Do you trust me?" I asked while holding out my hand. "Yes." she answered and grabbed my hand.

Soon we were up in the air, Moana wrapped her arms which was nice. We were up high and singing to each other 'Now I know she loves me.' I thought.