Escanor x Merlin

Requested by: jammy92
                  °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Third Person's P.O.V
It's only been a few hours since Arthur's untimely demise. No one could do anything to save him. Everyone shed tears for the fallen hero. His death affected everyone, Merlin most of all. She was in love with him and couldn't bare to let him go. All she felt was pain, sadness, anger, and guilt. She hated herself on how she was unable to save her beloved prince. To Merlin, there was no one else who could take away the pain she was feeling.
"Merlin...everyone is worried about you. Can you please let me in? I wanna help!" Escanor tried to help the one he loves even if he knew she'd never return his feelings.
"Make it quick." Was all Merlin said as she opened the door for Escanor and he quickly walked in after she shut the door. He didn't want her to continue shutting everyone out.
"I know how his death affected you but you should act this way because of it! Arthur wouldn't want you doing this, besides you're not alone. You never were so please talk to me or anyone!" Escanor was determined to save Merlin from despair and noticed that she faintly smiled from his words.
"I know that you all are worried about me but it hurts losing someone I love, the only one who could understand is sis-sis or Meliodas. It feels as if I lost the other part of myself.." Her voice sounded as if she was holding back whimpers and saw how her eyes looked as if she wanted to cry.
"I lost Rosa, she was like a mother to me and she died protecting me. I know how you're feeling. Getting over this will take time but we're all here for you Merlin! Never forget that okay?" Escanor smiled happily and was shocked that his beloved had pulled him into a hug.
"Thanks Escanor, you really helped but now I want to be alone for a bit." Merlin stated calmly but under that mask she desperately wanted to cry.
"I understand, remember to call anyone if you need someone to talk to." And with that, Escanor walked downstairs to the bar. He knew that Merlin needed his help and decided that he'd do anything to help her get over the prince of Camelot. Merlin wasn't just someone he was in love with, she was also his best friend as well...