Meliodas x Oc! Reader Angst

Requested by: cuddleysoftbear

Maria's P.O.V
The moment I realized I had fallen in love...I thought it was a joke. How can I love when I'm the tiger sin of hatred? Meliodas changed me for the better...I want to tell him my feelings but I'm scared. What will this do to our friendship? I want his affection...
"Meliodas..." I mutter softly as I looked up at the beautiful sky. My long black hair being gently swayed by the wind. I knew my sister Elizabeth loved Meliodas too...it hurt holding in these emotions. I needed to tell him..
"What are you doing outside by yourself Maria?" I turned to look behind me and saw that it was Elaine. She was my best friend, like Elizabeth had Diane.
"Just thinking..." I slowly spoke and Elaine looked into my eyes as if she was reading my heart.
"I think you should confess to Meliodas, take a chance will you?" Elaine smiled happily, immediately making all my worries vanish. She's right...
"Thank you Elaine! Can you tell Meliodas to come out here?" Elaine nodded and soon left...that's when my insecurities began to surface. I was shorter than my sister...maybe he hates girls like me? I don't know what I'd do if he rejected me..
"Elaine said you wanted to talk to me?" Meliodas casually spoke as I began to blush just from being close to him.
"I have something to tell you...I-I um...I'm in love with you Meliodas!" I looked into his emerald orbs and knew what his answer was...he didn't feel the same way.
"Maria...you're an amazing girl but I can't accept those feelings. I'm in love with Elizabeth, I'm really sorry." No...why? WHY?! Why does Elizabeth always get everything...?!
"I-It's fine...listen um, I can't stay here...so I'm leaving. Don't come after me...heh, I doubt that you will. Goodbye Meliodas...tell Elaine I'm sorry." I smile sadly at him and started running away. I could hear Meliodas screaming for me but I didn't dare look back. My tears began to flow...Meliodas' heart belongs to another. Someone that isn't me...I envy Elizabeth. She gets such a perfect life...with the one she loves. And me? I get nothing but pain and unrequited love. I have no room for love in my heart...I am the tiger sin of hatred. Goodbye Seven Deadly Sins...and hello loneliness.
    °  °  °  °  °  °  °  °  °  °  °  °  °  °  °  °  °
I hope you enjoyed it! :)