Meliodas x Princess! Reader Pt. 1

This is based off the Romeo and Juliet anime. When I finished it a year or so ago I remember crying. It's worth watching! 😭
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Y/n's P.O.V
After we ended Hendrickson's reign on Liones...everyone was cheering but I wasn't. How can I? I had the mark of the legendary Escalus...on my chest. Every one hundred years the daughter of Liones will be born with the mark and will make itself known when the time is right. My fate has been sealed...and there is nothing I can do to stop it.
"Hey Y/n~! Why aren't you celebrating? Let's all go drink at the bar!" Meliodas smiled cheerfully as he gently grabbed onto my hand. This will be the last moment I get to spend with him...and everyone else.
"Yeah let's go!" I tried to keep a smile on my face in hopes that no one would notice what I plan to do. I'm afraid Gowther would look into my mind and tell Meliodas...I know he would be heartbroken. We've been lovers since Elizabeth and I ran away to save Liones!
"Sir Meliodas don't drink too much!" After we got to the bar Meliodas had been drinking like there was no tomorrow and Elizabeth was so worried about him. When I die...I'm sure she would take care of him. They both deserve to be happy...
"Y/n aren't you going to tell Elizabeth anything?" I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed that Diane was by my side.
"No...I have to go somewhere anyway." I smiled sadly at Diane and hugged her tightly. Back when we found her in the forest of white dreams we didn't get along at all considering we loved the same person but then we got past that and got along. She was my best friend...someone I could trust.
"This late at night?! Are you sure?" Diane shouted with worry in her eyes and I nodded without hesitation. If they followed me...I don't think I could go through with it.
"See ya later Diane!" I stayed as strong as I could and smiled at not only Diane but everyone else too. As I walked out of the bar I felt a hand grab onto mine firmly. When I looked behind me I saw...Gowther? Why would he come after me...?
"I read your mind and you're making the wrong decision. As a doll I'm not supposed to feel anything but I know I would be sad when you go." Gowther spoke calmly but when I looked into his eyes...they were filled with sorrow.
"Gowther...I have to do this. It's my destiny...if I don't go now then all of Britannia will disappear. How can I let that happen? I want to do all I can to prevent that future..." I spoke firmly with determination in my eyes. Even if I don't want to die...I must. It's for everyone's sake...
"You are not alone Y/n, do you really think if the others knew they would let you do this?" I stayed quiet as I thought about Gowther's words. He's right...but that's why they can't know. My courage would vanish if they knew and...I wouldn't fulfill my role.
"...Goodbye Gowther, you're a kind person. Take care of everyone for me...and tell Meliodas I love him." And with that I started running away from Gowther and towards the castle. I was the only one besides father, Elizabeth, and now Gowther too...that knew the location of the Escalus tree. It was underground...right where the castle would be.
"Daughter of Liones...the time is drawing near. Fulfill your role and do not defy Escalus." That voice again...it was that woman who guards the Escalus tree; Ophelia.
"I'm on my way...almost there..." I mutter softly as my body began weakening the closer I got to the castle. Once I got inside the mark on my chest began to pulsate...
"Y/N!!! WHEREVER YOU ARE DON'T YOU DARE GO!!!" No...Meliodas is coming. I can hear the others screaming for me...no! This isn't a time for hesitation...I ignored their echoing voices and finally got underground and started walking down the hall. In the distance was the entrance...where Escalus is being held.
"Y/n wait!!" I gasped when I heard Meliodas' voice once again...I turn to look behind me and saw Meliodas, Elizabeth, and all of the Seven Deadly Sins. I can't give in...I need to do what is right and save Liones.
"Meliodas...everyone..." I mutter sadly and moments later Meliodas began walking up to me with anger in his eyes. Of course he would be...I left without telling him anything.
"Why didn't you tell me about Escalus? Why shoulder that burden alone?!" Meliodas shouted as he pulled me close to him. Tears began dripping down my cheeks as I wrapped my arms around him..
"My decision doesn't concern you Meliodas..."
"How can you say it? 'Whether in this life or the hereafter...till the end of eternity' remember?! We vowed to be together!" That's right...after we had found King we spend a night under the starry sky. That vow...means the world to me. But...can I just let everyone die?
"It was a pledge of a child...empty as the air!" I blurted out as I pushed Meliodas away from me. I couldn't look at his eyes...I can't stand to see him in pain.
"Even if you felt that way...I don't. If peace can only be achieved with your death...then screw it! Let Liones fall!! That way...we would all die together." I clenched my fist as I listened to his words. Even if I want to be by his side...I just can't allow everyone dying because of the choice I made. If I do what I was meant to do...then it's worth it.
"My destiny was set at birth...protecting the innocent people of Liones. My task was preordained! If you insist on trying to stop me...I swear I'll run you through!" I shouted firmly as I took our my sword from the sheath. This sword...was a gift from Meliodas. It was to defend myself from what I consider to be a threat to me and others. As I pointed the sword at Meliodas...I saw his eyes. Filled with hurt...and guilt.
"Sister...! Sir Meliodas!"
"Y/n...!!"
Leave me Meliodas...forget my name. I have nothing more to offer you but death...
"How could I let you accept eternal torment? Once you are absorbed into Escalus...pain is all you will feel! So what if I sin again...? If killing you is the only way to save you from that fate...I will gladly do it. I would do anything for you...I love you." Meliodas spoke firmly as he took out...his sacred treasure? I guess Merlin gave it back to him...
"Sir Meliodas! Sister-!" I watched Ban hold her back from running towards us with a sad smile on his face.
"Don't interfere princess...it has to happen." Ban spoke softly as the sins watched our swords clash together. I looked into Meliodas' eyes again...and they were filled with determination.
"Leave me to my fate...please I beg of you!"
"Never!!"
Our swords continued clashing together but no matter what...Meliodas didn't go all out. He's hesitating...as am I. I can hear it...in every peel of our crossed blades...his heart.
"Now and forever Y/n...I am with you!!" His thoughts...made my body feel warm and safe. The happiness he always made me feel...and as a response I began to project my thoughts to him. He needs to know...everything.
"Meliodas...because I love you so dearly, I will go to the tree alone. Because I love you so dearly...I broke our vow. I breathe no word to you of Escalus...because I feared my courage would fail me if you knew. How could I have taken...even a single step? Meliodas...I don't want to die. A simple life with you...would be paradise." As I finished telling him everything...he snatched my sword away and threw it towards Ban who easily caught it.
"Meliodas..." I mutter softly as he pulled me close to him and placed his lips on mine. It was a promise...to not let me go. No matter where I go...Meliodas will follow.