Meliodas x Hanahaki! Reader

Requested by: Moonheart_Star
Hanahaki is a disease where the person coughs out flower petals and it slowly kills them. If I'm wrong let me know!😅
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Third Person's P.O.V
You were madly in love with the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins Meliodas. The day he saved you from the ten commandments when they tried to destroy Liones was the day you felt something for him. You never knew if he felt the same way or if he knew and just didn't care. After all, if he knew then your situation was worse. Everyday you witnessed Meliodas constantly groping Elizabeth and it made your heart ache. The way his hands would grope her and would always be cheerful. You hated witnessing him touch her everyday.
"Y/n are you okay? You seem...sad." Diane muttered softly as you just shook your head and looked towards Meliodas who was groping Elizabeth yet again.
"I'm in love with him...but he clearly loves Elizabeth." You felt tears well up in your eyes and soon started coughing. You looked in your hand and saw a single rose petal.
"Coughing out a rose petal?" Diane questioned with a confused expression while you knew what was wrong. You had the Hanahaki disease.
"I gotta go...!" You started running up the stairs and shut the door to your room. You were scared to die and worried what Meliodas would do once he found out.
"...Meliodas..." You muttered lowly while you let the tears fall from your eyes as you layed in bed. The pain of watching the one you love touch someone else was unbearable. Moments later you heard a knock on the door.
"N/n you okay?! Diane said you coughed out a rose petal and ran off!" Meliodas shouted worriedly and it made your heart ache more.
"Just leave me alone and call Merlin!!" You shouted hoping he would leave but instead he walked in after calling Merlin to go inside with him.
"So I heard you coughed out a rose petal. That can only mean one thing." Merlin stated calmly but you knew that inside she was very worried about you.
"I know I have the Hanahaki disease." You spoke firmly while Merlin nodded in understanding but Meliodas looked even more worried.
"Hanahaki disease!? Isn't it deadly since the...the one you love doesn't love you back?!" Meliodas shouted while you looked away from him. His eyes made you feel even more guilt.
"The only way to cure Y/n of the Hanahaki disease is to make her forget the one she loves." Merlin clenched her fist as she spoke and you started to cry even more. You didn't want to forget Meliodas, he changed your life.
"I don't want to forget him!! I rather die!" You shouted, immediately shocking Merlin and Meliodas.
"N/n...I don't want you to die! Please just forget him okay?" Meliodas gently held your hand but you quickly yanked it away from him.
"No way! I don't...I can't forget YOU Meliodas!!" You screamed and covered your face while tears flowed out of yours eyes still.
"N/n..." Meliodas muttered and was close to reaching out to you again but Merlin stopped him.
"I think it's best you leave for now captain..." Merlin spoke softly as Meliodas nodded then left after shutting the door.
"I'll forget him..." You muttered lowly and Merlin widened her eyes. She was shocked by your words.
"Y/n are you sure about this? You won't remember him after all. You said that you love him." Merlin spoke calmly as you started to hesitate on your decision but soon shook your head.
"If he doesn't want me to die then I'll forget him." You spoke firmly while Merlin nodded in understanding. Meliodas who was still outside the door overheard your words and burst back in right as Merlin was about to cast a spell to make you forget him.
"Don't forget me N/n...I love you too! I thought you didn't love me back so focused more of my attention on Elizabeth. I tried getting over you but my feelings wouldn't go away. Now that I know you love me too...don't forget me. I can't live in a world without you!" Meliodas shouted and stomped over to you and kissed your lips putting all of his love into it. Merlin smirked as he finally admitted his love for you. You closed your eyes and kissed him back. Your body started to feel warm and you no longer felt sick. Once you both pulled away Meliodas smiled.
"Nishishi~ You don't look pale anymore N/n~!" Meliodas laughed cheerfully as you smiled at him. Even Merlin was genuinely smiling.
"You no longer have the Hanahaki disease Y/n, congratulations." Merlin spoke calmly and for the first time in a long time...you felt happy. Finally you found someone who loves you just as much as you do if not more..
                   °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Sorry to the requestor for not posting this sooner! I was very busy but now I had time to work on it. I hope you enjoyed it!😊