Meliodas x Insecure! Reader

Requested by: mysticalmusiclover
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Third Person's P.O.V
The Boar Hat was bustling with customers who were obviously for the well-known ale they had. You were close friends with everyone, especially Escanor. You loved to hear his poems and it cheered you up when you felt sad. Escanor knew you had a crush on Meliodas and hated when he groped Elizabeth. It broke your heart and decided to not talk to him as much so your heart wouldn't hurt as much.
"Are you sure you'll be okay to work today Y/n?" Escanor asked worriedly as you just nodded with a small smile on your face.
"Don't worry about me Escanor!" You started to walk towards a table with a group of men who appeared to be extremely drunk.
"Hello gentlemen, another round of ale?" You questioned while trying to keep the smile on your face but in reality you were sad yet again. You began to hate your body more when Meliodas groped Elizabeth. It made you think your body wasn't good enough.
"We don't want some ugly girl taking our orders~ We want that silver haired girl~!" One of the man shouted drunkly as you looked at the ground. Another stab to the heart..
"I-I understand.." You were about to walk away to get Elizabeth but moments later Meliodas stood beside you with anger filled eyes yet he still kept a smile on his face.
"If you have a problem with Y/n then you should leave~!" Meliodas hummed and it scared the customers to leave a big tip before leaving. You started walking away but Meliodas quickly grabbed onto your hand.
"What do you want?" You questioned firmly while trying with all your might to hold back your tears.
"Why have you been avoiding me?" Meliodas asked calmly and you immediately yanked your hand away.
"I don't want to talk about it with the likes of you..." You muttered and ran out of the bar towards the lake you knew was nearby. However you didn't realize that Meliodas followed you but chose to stay hidden.
"That dumb blonde...he gropes Elizabeth but...not me. Am I that...repulsive?" You spoke aloud as you finally let your tears fall and clenched your fist.
"Y/n..." Meliodas thought to himself as he started walking closer towards you.
"I'm ugly...just like the guy said...maybe that's why he...he could never love someone like me.." You muttered while crying even more. Moments later Meliodas sat beside you and pulled you into a hug.
"Don't ever say those bad things about yourself when they're not true, got it?" Meliodas spoke firmly as you wrapped your arms around his waist to hold him closer to you.
"Meliodas..." You were shocked that he went after you when you were rude to him. You didn't care that he heard you talking to yourself and was happy to feel him close to you.
"And you're wrong about me not loving you~ To me you're very beautiful but that's not why I love you. I fell in love with you because of your kind heart~! I'm sorry I grope Elizabeth, it's just that I tried to get over you because I thought you didn't feel the same way." Meliodas spoke calmly and you pulled away slightly to stare into his emerald orbs.
"Stupid...I will always love you. Don't grope Elizabeth again okay? I want to be with you. Thank you for cheering me up as well...I needed to hear those words." Meliodas leaned closer and placed his lips on yours. You closed your eyes and wrapped your arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. Meliodas turned your world around...as you did for him.