Meliodas x Princess! Reader Pt. 2

Y/n's P.O.V
The ground had begun to shake as Meliodas held me close to him. The entrance to where Escalus was...it's roots were growing. Time was running out...
"Captain you better not let Y/n go!" Ban shouted as the ground continued to shake. Meliodas' grip on me tightened...but I still couldn't shake the feeling of fear away.
"O' Liones flower! Come forth!!" Ophelia...even now she is calling out to me. I can't escape...as I thought there isn't a way out.
"Y/n your chest!" Meliodas had pulled away a bit as he looked down as a faint glow was coming from under my bar uniform top. The mark of Escalus...it's beginning to pulsate again. I began to scream as the pain was to much for me to handle...and my body began to float up.
"Damn it!! Y/n!!!" Meliodas screamed as he was about to fly up to me but stopped when wings sprung out of my back. My top ripped a bit to reveal the mark of Escalus...I didn't want any of them to see me this way.
"Meliodas..." I mutter softly as I try reaching out to him...only to feel a force pulling me away.
"MELIODAS!!" I screamed loudly as not only Meliodas called out to me...the sins did as well. The force stopped pulling me as my body collided with Escalus...
"I was waiting for you Y/n Liones. Do not worry about those sinners. I will get rid of them if they choose to interfere. This is your fate." Ophelia spoke with no emotions...her cold eyes made me feel as if she was looking into my soul.
"No! Let me go!!" I begged as I tried to move my body but it was no use. The green light that was covering my body...it made me unable to move.
"Your soul~ It's so beautiful!" Ophelia's voice began to sound more evil like and her eyes were not only cold but filled with greed as well.
"Please don't do thi-" Ophelia cut me off by placing her lips on mine. At that moment Meliodas and the others finally arrived...but it was too late. Ophelia pulled away with an evil smirk on her face.
"I have given you the kiss of death daughter of Liones now fulfill your role...for Escalus' sake~" I could hear Meliodas screaming my name...that was the last thing I heard before everything went dark.

Meliodas' P.O.V
That witch kissed Y/n...and it made her unconscious! Damn it...there must be something we could do to stop this from progressing further!
"What did you do to her?!" Diane shouted firmly with anger in her eyes. Y/n is important to all of us...we won't let her go without a fight.
"I have given her the kiss of death for Escalus' sake now away with you." The woman spoke firmly as she caressed Y/n's cheek.
"Don't touch her!!" I screamed as I got into my demon form. The woman smirked and laughed at me.
"Meliodas of the Seven Deadly Sins do you not realize? Those who try and defy Escalus cannot harm me." I clenched my fist in anger and unleashed my demonic powers on her only for it to be blocked by some invisible barrier.
"Captain you get your woman back and we'll handle the witch~" Ban smirked playfully as the sins ran towards the woman.
"GO NOW EMBRACE YOUR KIN! THE SEED BECOMES THE SAPLING TO ABSORB THE SIN!" The woman suddenly shouts as the green light surrounding Y/n turned golden. The wings began to grow longer and started covering her body till she wasn't seen anymore...
"Y/N NO!!" I screamed as the tree made warped itself to make room for Y/n before going back to how it was...and now the ground was shaking. Escalus was growing bigger by the second till it burst through the floors of Liones castle...it was now visible to everyone outside.
"The young sapling...wavers?" The woman muttered softly as she watched everyone try attacking her with the openings Elizabeth made with her light. It seems only goddess magic can affect her...
"Y/n is fighting against what she's becoming! It's wrong!! This fate...why is she suffering it alone?!" I screamed as I started running towards the tree with determination in my eyes...
"Meliodas...what you seek is beyond your reach. Y/n is not alone...her soul resides with the others who died for Escalus. This compact has been kept for centuries...the woman before you is Ophelia. She is a force not to be reckoned with..." I didn't recognize the voice that spoke to me but...why would Bartra not warn us about this? If we had known...would the outcome have been different?
"Y/n!! Answer me!!" I screamed and as I got closer to the gigantic tree I saw
Y/n's sleeping face. Just from looking at her...I could tell she's in pain.
"Silly boy, do you really think you'll wake the Liones girl up?" Ophelia smirked as she managed to knock everyone unconscious...it's just me now.
"Y/n!!!!" I screamed as loud as I could...hoping she would be able to hear my voice.
"Meli...o...das... " That voice...Y/n! The tree began to burst open till all the leaves were gone and the branches warped itself to make a platform for us...Escalus never wanted this. It wanted to give us a choice but Ophelia forced this fate upon many of the Liones family.
"Welcome back...you are freed from that fate. Just rest easy..." I mutter softly as I held Y/n's body close to me. She smiled tiredly at me before closing her eyes...
"Why do you interfere?! HOW DARE YOU!?" Ophelia screamed angrily with hate in her eyes while quickly flying towards me. Right as I stabbed her chest...she managed to manipulate the roots of Eacalus and stabbed all of my heart. My last one...was weakening.
"Captain!!" I look over to see Ban and the others running towards me with sadness in their eyes.
"Meliodas!" Y/n didn't even get to rest long...as she pulled me close to her. I didn't want her to cry...or any of the sins. I want them to...smile.
"I'm grateful Y/n...to have lived in the same world as you. I love you...Y/n. Everyone...I'm sorry. Take care..." My vision was slowly getting blurry and the last thing I heard...was Y/n telling me she loved me.

Y/n's P.O.V
Meliodas was gone now...he died protecting me. How can I go on...without him by my side? The world was soon ending anyway...but I don't want that.
"The castle will soon crumble...let's go!" Ban shouted but I shook my head while smiling sadly. This world was too beautiful...I can't let it disappear.
"I came all this way...I can't just give up." I spoke calmly as I did my best not to cry. I can't have the sins worrying about me...
"Sister...you can't! Besides...isn't Escalus already dead?" Elizabeth asked with her voice laced with sadness. I shook my head as I looked behind me to see the wings still apart of me...
"No...it still lives. The Escalus seed within me still clings to life...it refuses to give it. I can feel it's power pulsing within me...but it's quickly fading." I held onto Meliodas' body as one of my hands touched the mark of Escalus that was on my chest.
"Y/n..." Diane muttered sadly as she tried walking towards me but King held her back.
"Go..." They all nodded in understanding then made their escape. I began to channel the power of Escalus...and a warm golden light began surrounding my body. I never once let go of Meliodas...I won't break my vow again. My wings continued growing bigger with each passing second...and I wasn't scared this time. I was happy...I did my part.
"O' Escalus...hear the pulse that dwells within me. Hear my hearts final prayer..." That was the moment...I died. At least I wasn't alone...I knew Meliodas was right there with me.

Third Person's P.O.V
The wings of Escalus grew so big that it could be seen from the skies. It began to slowly cover up Liones...but no one was scared. The light was a warm and gentle...once the wings vanished so did the bodies of Y/n and Meliodas. The castle wasn't in shambles...and looked brand new. All of Britannia was saved...

TimeSkip

Ban's P.O.V
The Escalus tree had appeared again after what happened but it wasn't underground. It looked different and it had appeared in the castle gardens. It's been 10 years since that day...and throughout that time Elaine and I made new memories together with the sins. She had came to me a day after that fight with Ophelia and the only reason she was able to come back...was because of Y/n.
"Daddy is Uncle Meliodas and Auntie Y/n happy?" I looked down at my child with a warm smile on my face. I knew that they both weren't in pain anymore...maybe they got to rest peacefully with no pain.
"Yeah they sure are Lancelot~" As I began to slowly walk away with Lancelot his grip on my hand tightened. I looked down at him with confusion in my eyes.
"Daddy look!" I turned to look at the Escalus tree and saw the souls of Meliodas and Y/n looking at us. They were smiling...while holding hands.
"So you got your happy ending huh...?" I mutter as they slowly faded away...no matter where they are I knew their asses would be watching over us all.