Forty

Kiara sits in her bed, tissues next to her. She was flipping through the scrapbook that her and Benjamin made freshmen year.

Of course, it was still very empty as they stopped making it once they were no longer friends. Kiara takes a picture out, their first day of freshmen year.

She smiles and tears up again. "F--Fuck".

Her little sister walk in, smiling. "Hey? What's wrong, Ki?"

Kiara sees her, wiping her tears. "N--Nothing. You excited for your birthday party?"

"Mhm...So..? Why are you crying?" Her sister Luna jumps up on her bed, seeing the scrapbook.

"Are you and Benny fighting again? You told me you guys were okay?"

"I just..Made a mistake". Kiara wipes her tears, looking down at her tissue.

"What do you mean? What'd you do?"

"I just..Hurt his feelings. Really bad. What I did isn't forgivable".

"What did you say to him? Is he okay? Did you apologize?"

Kiara looks at her, tearing up more. "Just...Forget it...Can you get out my room?" Kiara stands up and turns away from her.

"I just wanna kno-".

"Just get out! Please!..Just please".

Luna shrugs and hops off her bed. She looks at Kiara once before walking out the bedroom door and shutting it loudly.

Kiara shakes her head, sobbing into her hand. She walks back to her bed, grabbing the picture she dropped.

"Dammit Kiara! Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!"

**
Katen sits at his kitchen table next to his brothers. "Aye Katen, we need to get this meth outta the house. You take it to him tomorrow".

"Yeah. Gimme the address". Katen places a cigarette in-between his lips, lighting it.

One of his brothers, by the name of Jeremy sets three beers on the table. "Make sure to take the gun. If he don't pay he's getting shot".

Katen shakes his head, "I'm not gonna shoot the guy. Maybe scare him though".

The other brother, his name is Johnathan, chuckles and grabs his beer. "Anyways. Any word on the new girl in school?"

"Elly? She's tough. She's from Brooklyn. Apparently used to run the streets".

Jeremy laughs, "Ain't she gay? She a dyke, right?"

Katen laughs, "Mhm. She one of those. Uses the strap and shit".

Johnathan snarls and shakes his head, "Must suck not having the real thing".

Katen takes a sip from his beer. "I don't know how to crack her. I tried talking to her the other day and she completely ignored me".

Jeremy furrows his brows, "So if you get her, you dumping Zoē?"

"Hell no. Two pretty bitches sucking my dick? That's a dumbass move, dumbass".

Johnathan shrugs, "Should you be hitting on a gay girl? She eat pussy".

Katen nods and smiles, "So do I".

**
Benjamim sits with Gabi, smiling. "I want details".

Gabi smiles and blushes. "He was such a gentlemen. Little things like.. Opening the door for me or pulling my seat out".

Benjamin smiles, "Aw!"

Gabi blushes and looks at her hand. "The whole night was filled with compliments back and forth. He just kept calling me beautiful".