Forty Two

a/n : you know it's a good chapter when it even upsets the author.

"Well.. Since your game is cancelled do you wanna spend the night at mine?"

Noah shrugs, "Guess so. Can we get cookies?"

Benjamin giggles, "Sure. We can get cookies. Which kind? The ones you bake?"

"Mm. Yes..Is your mom gonna be home?"

Benjamin shakes his head, "She's going to a club with her friends and some guy she met".

"Oo. A new lover?"

Benjamim shrugs and closes his locker. He grabs Noah's hand, "Sure do hope so. Think she's a little depressed about everything".

"How did the talk go last night? About what happened with Kiara and Zoē?"

"She apologized. I cried a lot. Then we ordered two large pizzas and watched movies".

Noah chuckles and leans over to kiss his temples. He shakes his head and licks his lips. He sees Elly, slamming her locker shut.

Noah and Benjamim walk over to her. "Yo, compa? What's up?"

Elly turns, looking at them. "Hm?"

"What's going on? You okay?"

Elly shrugs, "I'm fine. I'm fine. Have to babysit then tomorrow that stupid fucking anniversary shit".

Noah nods, "Okay..Okay. Text me?"

Elly nods and walks towards the doors. Katen walks over to her and she rolls her eyes. "Can you please leave me the fuck alone!"

Administration walks over, "Excuse me! Office now!"

"No! This nigga always bugging me! He won't leave me the fuck alone".

The man grabs Elly's arm, "Office now!"

Elly pulls her arm away, rolling her eyes. "Okay! Damn! I don't need a fucking escort".

Benjamim and Noah watch as she walks to the office, followed by the administrator. "You sure she's okay?"

"Has to be her mom. Maybe cause she has to see her family. She may be nervous".

**
Benjamin grabs a pack of cookie mix off the shelf. "No. We should get the big pack and some ice cream".

"Well...Can you grab it? You're taller than me".

Noah chuckles and reaches above him to grab it, handing it to Benjamim. "Here. Let's go grab the ice cream".

Benjamin smiles, "Okay".

They walks around the store, ending up with a basket full of snacks, ice cream, and cookie mix. Noah grabs his wallet out his pocket, smiling.

"Baby. This is not what we intended to get". Benjamin looks down in the basket and giggles.

*
Benjamin takes a bite into his slice of pizza. "Mm. Fuck pizza is so good".

Noah chuckles and grabs his own slice. "I've never seen someone put chicken on pizza. This is good though, babe".

Benjamim nods, "Never liked...like sausage pizza or pepperoni...Taste nasty to me".

Noah rolls his eyes, "You're so picky. You wouldn't last a day in my house".

Benjamin giggles, "My mom used to hate cooking dinner. I refused to eat almost everything".

**
It was the next day and Elly was still sleeping in her bedroom. Her mom and auntie were feeding the girls breakfast.

Eva walks out, yawning. "Morning. Hi beautiful girls".

Ms.Guerra smiles, "Hi, honey. Can you go and wake up your sister. I want her to be wide awake so she's not groggy when we leave".

Eva smiles and nods, "Mhm. Breakfast smells good, by the way".

Eva walks over to Elly's bedroom, opening the door. She laughs as she sees Elly in a deep sleep. She walks over, shaking her.

"Elly? Elly wake up".

Elly lifts her head, groaning. "Hm?"

"Mom made breakfast. We're leaving at two. Also, pack a bag cause we're staying at abuelas for the night. Jason will be there".

Elly groans and puts a pillow over her head. "Fuck. Why are we staying the night?"

Eva shrugs, "Not sure. Hey..." Eva shuts the door, "What happened at school?"

Elly sits up, yawning. "I got two days of ISS next week. Stupid as fuck". She grabs a hoodie off the ground, slipping it on.

"Is Tía here?"

Eva nods, "Mhm. I guess she's living her now".

Elly puts her hair up into a bun, grabbing her phone. "That bitch gets on my nerves. Always talking shit on people like she's perfect".

Eva nods, "Mhm".

Elly and Eva walk out the room. Elly slips her phone into the pockets of her shorts. Isabella turns around and smiles, "Tía!"

Elly smiles at her, "Hey, baby girl. Good morning".

Elly walks past her, grabbing her plate off the counter. She sits down next to her sister, beginning to eat. Ms.Guerra smiles, "So. I bought you something for tonight".

Elly rolls her eyes, "Can't wait".

Angelina scoffs and takes a bite into her toast. "What a way to speak to your mother".

Elly nods, "Mhm. Talk to me again once ya have ya own place to stay. Fuck outta my face with that".

"Elenor Rose! Enough! Not around them, you hear me?"

Elly rolls her eyes again and grabs her phone from her pocket. "Whatever".

*
Elly had taken another nap. Her mom walks in, smiling. "Honey. Get up. We need to start getting ready. I need to see if these fit".

Elly shakes her head, "Five minutes".

Ms.Guerra shakes her head, "No. Get up. You need to get ready. Sit up".

Elly lets out an angry sigh and sits up. "What?"

Ms.Guerra smiles, showing her the bag. "Your Tía and I picked out an outfit for you".

"I already got something picked out". Elly scratches the back of her head before pointing to her dresser.

"Nope. You're wearing this".

Ms.Guerra pulls out a white dress. "Isn't this so cute? I also found these beautiful sandals!"

Elly stands up, "No. I'm not wearing that".

"And I know you don't have any regular bras so I bought you this..As well as some proper young lady underwear".

"No! Mom.. Fuck! I'm.. I'm not wearing that. Why would I-...No!"

"You don't get to tell me no. You're wearing this and Tía is doing your hair!"

Eva walks in, "Hey! What's going on?"

"I'm not wearing that shit! You can't force me! This is fucking bullshit!"

"Hey! Elly! Calm down!"

"No! I'm about to spaz the fuck out! I'm not wearing that shit!"

"You will! You don't have a choice! Do not argue with me! You understand!?"

Eva stands in-between them, "Calm down. Both of you...Please".

"You wear this or you never see your dad again. Do you understand? Ever again! You will not embarrass me in front of my family!"

Elly tears up, staring directly at her mom. Her mom sets the bag on her bed. "Eva. You can help her get dressed".

Elly lets a tear fall, still staring at her mom. Her mom looks at her again, "For one night..Just be the daughter I want. Huh?"

**