2

"pure blood"

When I was young, both my parents died because of- unfortunate circumstances

When I was young, both my parents died because of- unfortunate circumstances. My grandfather takes me in no questions asked. I was the last of our blood. The family friends like the Greengrass, Malfoy, Nott and Zabini's all helped. The Mum's all rescued my grandfather from any- girl related duties like shopping.

When my grandfather has to go on long trips, I alternated between families. Most of the time, it's with the Zabini's since I grew up with his mum.

I was always with my own personal house elf that follows me wherever I go. Sometimes, when my Godfather, Severus Snape is free during the summers, he'd look after me too. That way I can stay in Emrys Manor.

"You'll be coming with?" I say enthusiastically to my grandfather who was preparing to leave for Diagon Alley to buy my school supplies.

"Of course, little one. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Buying your first wand is a very important event. My father was with me when I bought my first want and I was with your father like I will be for you."

I throw myself at him giving him a very long hug which he returns after getting his balance back. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

He shakes his head looking amused and offers his arm like true gentleman once we pull apart. "Come along, we'll be meeting the Malfoy's I believe?"

I nod my head excitedly taking his arm.

"How about the Zabini's?" He asks taking us towards the fireplace.

"They're still at Italy. The Greengrass' and the Nott's are still at that exotic island I told you about."

"It's a good thing we came back early from our holiday trip to Spain with the Malfoy's or we'll never get done with everything you need for school." He says taking a handful of the powder that one of the house elves offered to him. "Thank you, Dipsy."

-

Diagon Alley is bursting with energy as per usual.

It seems like everyone is here.

My grandfather places his hand on top of the hand I had on his arm. "Best to stay close for now."

I nod wordlessly holding on to him closer but making sure to put my chin up as the herds of people suddenly notice our presence. I could feel countless pairs of eyes on us but I force my face to look emotionless.

I could hear whispers of our name and of course- Merlin's name.

The Emrys' are known to avoid public places not because we're afraid of anyone it's mostly just a snobbish trait if I was being 100% honest. All business, food and supplies are always transported to the Manor.

Remembering Narcissa's lessons on proper posture and expression, grandfather takes me to Ollivander's where we're to meet the Malfoy's.

Draco and Lucius are already there when we arrive.