28

On Christmas morning, I wake by the sound of incessant knocking

On Christmas morning, I wake by the sound of incessant knocking. I groan wiping the sleep from my eyes and tell the person to go away.

Apparently, Draco misunderstood go away to come in because he loudly barges in my room with a house elf behind him carrying a massive amount of presents.

"Draco, it's five in the morning." I grumbled grumpily falling back into my duvet and closing my eyes.

Draco still not understanding jumps on my bed and pulls the covers off me. "It's Christmas! Let's open our presents together."

He then orders the elf to put his pile of presents beside my mine. I bury my face into a pillow and roll away from him.

Draco doesn't take no for an answer because the next thing I know he's on top of me. He yanks the pillow out of my hands and grins.

"Let's open presents now."

This year, Draco gives another charm for the bracelet. He clips it on looking proud of his gift and smiles.

"When were older. I'll give you a better one."

-

The moment we get back from our holiday, I race to my godfather's office. I don't knock going in and give him a big hug.

Startled, he grumbles a few incoherent words. "I trust you had a good holiday?"

"It would have been better if you came." I tell him still not letting go. "I missed you."

He awkwardly pats my head. "Maybe next Yule."

"How about this summer? We can go on a trip?" I offer wanting to spend more time with him.

Severus' mouth twitches in what I could hope is a smile. "That would be difficult seeing as the Irish National Team wants you to train with them."

I pull away from our hug taking a step back. "What?"

"I was unaware that Paris has the ability to make you deaf." He says with a roll of his eye.

"The Irish National Team? I-"

Severus cuts my train of thought and passes a piece of parchment. It had the green Irish seal on it. With shaking hands, I open the letter and gasp.

-
Dear Miss Kallista Zenia Emrys,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been chosen this summer to train with The Irish National Team. We have heard many great things about your skill as a Slytherin Chaser and have watched a few of your matches. We see a lot of potential for your future in Quidditch and wish to have you this summer to train with our very own Chasers.

We look forward to recieving you as a part of the new generation of Quidditch Professionals.

Sincerely,
The Irish National Team
-

"Can you imagine, a National Team wants you for the summer?" Draco boasts during dinner that night. "The Magpies are nothing compared to a National Team."

Graham frowns from his seat glaring at Draco but doesn't speak.

"I'll watch all of your practices." Draco says proudly taking a bite of his meal.

Blaise chuckles. "I'd definitely come and watch too."

"We all will." Daphne confirms with a nod of her head.

"Does this mean you're a part of the Irish National Team, Kally?" Greg asks peering over Theo's shoulder.

"No. I'll just be training with them." I explain feeling a little embarrassed with the attention. I only told Draco but it seems he was too proud and told everyone. 

"You'll be training with Aidan Lynch." Vince says looking awestruck.

"Aidan Lynch?!" Daphne gasps. "I completely forgot! We will definitely watch."

Theo rolls his eyes at his girl. "We'll be watching for Kally, right?"

"Of course for Kally." Daphne says dismissively.

"You're all a bunch of Wankers." We turn facing Weasley who was looking down at us with annoyance. "No way is she training with the National Team. If she really is- how much did you honestly have to pay to get in?"

I lean away from the Weasel and squint my eyes. Was he serious? "This has nothing to do with our wealth. Some of us, Weasley, have actual talents."

Blaise smirks cocking his head to the side. "Unless milking the fame and money out of someone else is considered a talent."

"You'd be a Champion there for sure." Draco chimes in wagging his eyebrows tauntingly.

"Gosh, Weasley, insecure of our wealth that much? You just had to mention it?" Daphne rolls her eyes and turns away.

Granger gapes clutching a book close to her chest. "We're not insecure. Your lot just uses it against everyone."

Potter glares at Daphne. "Or use it on Greengrass' hair. I wonder how many cauldron's worth of money was used for that."

"We don't need to use it against anyone, Granger. We know our worth. Now, know yours." I snap standing up from my seat. "As for Daphne's hair, it really isn't your business to know how much wealth we use. We can afford it."

Theo narrows his eyes at Potter. "Your little Gringotts vault is nothing, Potter. Pretty soon with Weasley latching onto you like that you'll be as poor as his family."

"We'll be rich with love and loyalty." He argues back with fury.

There was a sudden hush in the Slytherin table before laughter erupts. Everyone was in hysterics.

"Did you just-?" Draco was gasping and tearing up.

Theo scrunched up his nose in disgust. "Rich with love and loyalty?" He too was wheezing tears in his eyes.

"Are you even a real person, Potter?" Blaise was lost in a fit of laughter.

Weasley purple with fury growls. "It's not like any of you know love. Emrys' doesn't have love. She doesn't even have parents."

The laughter dies instantly. I could feel all the eyes of the Great Hall waiting for my reaction. Even Potter looked surprised sending Weasley a quelling look.

"How original, Weasley. Yes, I'm an orphan." I say with a shrug of my shoulders. "Would you like to comment about my dead grandfather too?"

Not expecting my comment, Weasley swallows and takes a step back.

I smirk shaking my head. "Such class, truly, I'm floored." Weasley takes another step back when I take a step closer. I lean closer to him careful so that my voice won't carry. "Let's not talk about such things. Wouldn't want another orphan soon, yeah?"

The horror in his eyes was obvious and the confusion in the eyes of both his friends confirmed that they didn't hear what I just said.

I smiled, an innocent smile that makes my eyes crease. "Good chat."