10

"get even"

The first years year end exams have finally ended

The first years year end exams have finally ended. Overall, I did alright, top of the class in Charms, Transfiguration, Potions and DADA. Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures still haunts me.

For the Slytherin first years, however, Draco makes it to number one followed by me and then Theo.

For the entire first years, teachers pet Granger scores number one. Draco coming in second followed by two Ravenclaws and then me barely managing to reach the fifth place. Theo makes it to sixth.

The Castle is quiet as the older years were still taking their exams. The Slytherin common room was not a safe place to be. Some of the older students who were taking their OWLS and NEWTS had very short fuses.

My friends and I find paradise near the lake taking the sun in and making the most out of our time together.

"Slytherin wins the House Cup this year." Theo tells us.

Blaise snorts from his position. He was currently lying down on the grass hands behind his head like a pillow. "We always do."

Daphne starts chatting to me about a cafe she wants to take me before she leaves for Paris. "It has the best macaroons and cupcakes."

Greg perks up at the mention of food. "Where is this place?"

"Oh! Greg, yes, come with us before you leave for Greece. It's absolutely divine. You would love it." Daphne gushes happily.

"Don't forget. You're all invited to the annual summer ball at the Malfoy Manor. It's right before we leave for our Holidays." Draco tells us dutifully throwing rocks at the lake hoping to see the Giant Squid.

Blaise groans. "No offense, mate but I hate that party."

"Why do you think I'm inviting you?" Draco smirks. "We all have to suffer together."

"I happen to love that ball." Daphne says thrusting her nose up in the air like a true lady.

Theo laughs at Daphne eyeing her affectionately. "The next Narcissa Malfoy everyone."

Daphne and Theo are perfect for each other. They grew up together and know each other better than anyone else.

Vince grumbles about how when it's Daphne's turn to host parties she better have his favorite food. Daphne promises to never forget and I smile at her. For as long as I can remember, Daphne has only ever wanted one thing.

To be like Narcissa Malfoy.

She dreams of hosting parties for the elite and attending charity events while wearing fashionable clothes. Daphne is the perfect high society wife.

I was nothing like her. Although I enjoy attending and dressing up for balls and events, I didn't like hosting them.

In the future, I wanted to be a professional Quidditch player and if not, be part of the Ministry Law Enforcement. Something physical, something bad for me and definitely something unladylike.