25

"I am not sleeping on floor like a servant

"I am not sleeping on floor like a servant." Daphne whispers loudly eyeing the puffy sleeping bags. "My mum would kill me if she finds out."

Weasley bumps her shoulder on his way to his own sleeping bag. "Can she do it sooner? You're already a waste of space."

Daphne rolls her eyes like the Weasel was an inconvenience to her and dusts off her shoulder.

"You'd think they'd get rid of the pests." Theo snaps testily slamming his shoulder hard on Weasley.

"Is Weasley a pest or a peasant?" Blaise asks already getting cozy on his sleeping bag.

"Both." Draco answers shooting a glare at Weasley.

Greg blocks Weasley's way and shoves him out of our sleeping area.

I set my sleeping bag beside Daphne's and make myself comfortable. Draco pulls his sleeping beside mine and calls for Vince to take his side. Theo takes Daphne's other side and Blaise takes the spot across from us with Greg right beside him.

I don't know what it was but I felt my cheeks flush knowing Draco chose to sleep beside my sleeping bag. Do I fancy Draco Malfoy? Does Draco Malfoy even fancy me?

In pure blood customs, it's frowned upon to sleep beside the opposite gender before marriage. It wasn't like we were breaking rules since I'm not just sleeping beside Draco. I was practically sleeping beside everyone in the Great Hall.

It felt different for some odd reason. Different in a pleasant way. I was falling asleep when I felt Draco reach for my hand and squeeze it affectionately.

-

It's the first game of the Quidditch season and my blood was pumping excitedly. Marcus calls for a team briefing and I listen attentively memorizing the formations and strategies.

"This is my last year, I want this bloody and when I say bloody I want Diggory off his broom." Marcus stares at me for a very long time and I gape at him.

"What is it now Marcus?"

"Stop feeling sorry for the Puffs and use your elbows."

"I use elbows!" I argue lifting my elbows and demonstrating the famous Slytherin rib jab.

Draco stifles a laugh. "You really don't."

"It's like kicking a puppy!" I groan leaning my head on my new black firebolt.

"Kick the puppy, Emrys or I'll kick you." Marcus warns and orders us to get on our brooms.

-

"Another goal for Kallista Emrys! Ten points to Slytherin! That leads Slytherin 130 to 20."

It's a terrible day to fly. I could barely see anything because of the heavy rain and thick mist. I kept slipping from my broom and my hands were literally frozen.

I shivered uncontrollably only relying on the memorized formation to know when it was my turn to handle the quaffle. Like an answered prayer, Cedric Diggory- Hufflepuff Quidditch Captain calls for a time out and I race to the ground shivering like a wet stray kitten.

Marcus herds everyone towards him and he casts a warming spell. It worked for about a minute until my wet gloves froze my hands again.

Being the smallest one on the team, I looked the most pathetic in my thick heavy Slytherin robes and wet equipment. Marcus casts another warming and drying spell my way and puts a hand on my shoulder. "You've scored enough points. You can sit this one out."

Draco looked a second away from accepting Marcus' offer for me with his wide worried eyes but I already shake my head. "No, we started this together. We'll end it together."

Draco looked devilishly handsome in the storm. It wasn't fair. He looked like a Knight coming to slay the dragon- the snitch- to save my fingers from falling off.

I smile at him and he takes my hand blowing on it. In my peripheral, Graham stands to the side with a frown on his face.

We barely hear the whistle blow and we're off on our brooms again. The moment we step out my robes double in weight making flying extra difficult.

My arm around the quaffle, I wrestle with two Hufflepuff Chasers. A bludger from Greg takes one of them out and Marcus blocks the other off my course.

With the heavy rain and the hard wind, it was harder to aim for the hoops. I quickly learn that if I want to play professionally, I have to keep myself in better shape.

I fly towards one of the hoops as fast as I can, twist abruptly and aim. It goes in but the move costs my balance and I struggle to stay on my broom.

Thankfully, Graham intercepts the quaffle from the Hufflepuff Chaser and throws the quaffle back in my direction. I catch it barely holding on for dear life and take another score for Slytherin.

Just then the Hufflepuff Keeper slips off the end of his broom and latches on to my throwing hand. I gasp using one hand to hold myself up but his weight is too much and I start to fall off as well.

As if my weight wasn't heavy enough but a fairly built male seventh year pulling at my good arm was just icing to my impending doom.

I hear Graham shout something in my direction but I can't hear him over the thunder. Marcus starts screaming and I see him flying closer to where I was.

By now, I'm hanging on my broom with one hand with my body completely dangling in midair while the Hufflepuff Keeper dug his fingers at my flesh.

It was a very long drop.

"Draco Malfoy's caught the snitch! Slytherin wins!"

It's like my body was waiting for that announcement because at that very moment my frozen fingers let go and we pummel to the ground.