14

On the way to our first practice as actual Quidditch Players for Slytherin, Draco and I following after the team through the courtyard with our brand new Nimbus 2001's that were customized with Slytherin colors

On the way to our first practice as actual Quidditch Players for Slytherin, Draco and I following after the team through the courtyard with our brand new Nimbus 2001's that were customized with Slytherin colors. Lucius Malfoy had mine engraved. A silver script 'Kallista' was on the handle making me swoon.

Oliver Wood and his team who looked like they were going to practice stormed towards Marcus eyes wide and angry.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor, Flint." He snapped testily.

Marcus, our ever menacing Captain, smiles condescendingly. He reaches for the parchment Professor Snape had signed a little while ago.

"A new Chaser and Seeker?" Wood asks looking surprised after he read the parchment. "Who is it then?"

Marcus and the entire team move aside giving way to Draco and I.

I put my chin up giving Wood the smile Slytherins were known for.

Wood gapes at me but laughs at Malfoy. Potter even had the audacity to roll his eyes.

How dare he? Malfoy was just as good.

Weasley looks to the new brooms to Draco and smirks. "Emrys, I can understand but Malfoy?"

Granger snootily wrinkles her nose at the new Slytherin brooms. "At least none of the Gryffindors had to buy their way into the team. They got in on pure talent."

My eyes flashing, I walk towards Granger. No one made a move to stop me as I look down at her. "Be very careful with your words, Granger. We wouldn't want me to overact." She takes a step back paling. "You say talent? I didn't think there's talent in swallowing a Snitch."

Harry turns red with embarrassment.

I turn to the Weasel looking at him disgustedly tossing my hair. "I would own a broom first before talking with the big boys."

The entire Slytherin team bursts out laughing.

When the Gryffindors retreated with their tails behind their legs, Draco pulls me close to him. He looked bothered and a little bit panicked. "Do you think I only got in because my father bought the team brooms?"

My eyes go wide and almost immediately I wanted to find the Golden Trio and hex them. "Merlin, no. You're an excellent flyer. Besides, your father bought brooms after you got in."

Draco looked down to the ground. I've never seen Draco look so heartbroken. "Do you really think that?"

I place a hand on his cheek. "Yes. You're without a doubt better than that Potter. Everyone knows it. Now, let's go ask Marcus to teach us how to get as much blood out of Potter using our elbows."

-

Practice was brutal. Marcus Flint had us at the pitch for so long that I felt like our new brooms would catch fire.