41

We make it to the common room and the little first years openly gawk at the beauty of our place

"Now, the important thing you should all know is that we Slytherins look after our own. We are Salazar Slytherin's chosen - the Elite. If any other house decides otherwise, find us. We'll personally teach them a lesson." I say smiling. "Lastly, Slytherins always win and we win with the blood, sweat and tears of the other houses."

Draco nods approvingly crossing his arms making his biceps bulge through his robes. "Welcome to the snake pit."

-

Breakfast the next day was calming. I sat between Blaise and Draco discussing possible Chaser candidates.

"None of the younger years show any potential." Draco drawls munching on an apple.

I frown at him. "How can they when you scare them?"

Draco smirks crossing his legs and winking. "Any decent Slytherin would fight back."

Blaise scrunched his nose up. "We're Slytherins. Self preservation ring a bell? They're smart enough not to fight a Malfoy."

Draco just shrugs looking smug.

"I agree with Malfoy though. There must be someone in the higher years we can find." I say looking down the Slytherin table. "Younger years won't last with the roster the other houses have."

Blaise nods. "Line up is dominated with sixth and seventh years."

"If we get anyone younger than us, the other houses won't hesitate to take advantage of them."

Draco stretches his arms looking bored. "You survived."

"We had Marcus." I retort.

"And your elbows." Blaise added lifting his own elbows and imitating my signature move.

Suddenly, a shadow falls upon us. It only meant that our Head of House was looming above us. We turn mouthing a greeting.

My godfather rolls his eyes. "If you three are done, I'd like to hand out your schedules now."

Severus hands us each a blank piece of paper. He then proceeds to tap his wand on it magically showing us our class schedules for the year.

"Congratulations on making Quidditch Captain. I do hope the two of you don't become disappointments." He drawls turning to leave.

"Bloody hell, he's motivational in the morning." Blaise muses grinning.

I groan dramatically. "I just need a Chaser."

Severus pauses from handing out schedules and looks up. "Perhaps, you'd like to consider past Chasers?"

"Past Chasers?" I ask confused. Professor Snape sent a withering glare my way before continuing what he was doing. Finally, my eyes widen in realization. "I didn't replace someone that graduated!"