12

"disgusted noise"

I sat with Daphne in the compartment

I sat with Daphne in the compartment. Greg and Vince on either side of us. They were fast asleep. Across from us, Draco, Blaise and Theo were animatedly talking about Quidditch and Blaise's scandalous summer.

"I love Paris." Daphne tells me looking dreamy. "The fashion is absolutely breathtaking Kally. Oh, I wish you were there."

I smile at Daphne giving her another hug. "Thank you for the gifts you sent. I particularly liked the lacy underwear."

At the mention of lacy underwear, Theo and Draco turned bright red.

Blaise being the absolute menace that he was smirks. "I'd love to see that."

"Lost your tact in Italy did you?" Daphne says with a roll of her eyes.

Blaise raises an eyebrow and gives Daphne a smile that's known to weaken knees. "No but you did gain sass in Paris."

"What did we learn in Rome?" Draco asks me.

"We learned patience." I say eyeing Blaise and Daphne who smiled sheepishly.

"Great Holiday, then?" Theo says with a clap of his hands.

-

The feast was just as amazing as last year. Mounds and mounds of food that my Grandfather would not have agreed with were on the table.

We tucked in to our food with our backs straight making polite chitchat. We were only in our second year but Slytherins from all years bowed down to Draco.

A seventh year that I didn't know was trying to get Draco's attention but he faced me instead. "Try outs are happening this Friday."

I nod swallowing my fried chicken. "Starts at one in the afternoon and ends at eight in the evening."

"That long?" Daphne gasps looking horrified.

"They want the best. Endurance is just one of the things we should have." Draco tells her looking determined.

"I'm excited and a little bit nervous if I'm being honest." I admit to them. I've wanted to be a Slytherin Chaser since I could walk. If I didn't get in- I would be heartbroken.

Draco takes a hold of my hand. "Flint's a bloody idiot if he doesn't take you."

"There hasn't been a girl in the team for centuries."