67

The horror of watching the protective shield go down was traumatizing

The horror of watching the protective shield go down was traumatizing. My heart sank lower as the barrier broke but I kept it together. Swallowing the lump in my throat, we rushed down from the Astronomy Tower to meet with Potter.

Harry Potter emerges from an empty hallway looking distraught.

Accompanied by Theo who throws the lost diadem on the ground, Potter uses the Sword of Gryffindor to strike at it. The old tiara screams out almost in pain. A black smoke burst from the jewel and I step back.

Granger blanches gripping Potter's shoulders. "What's next?" She asks desperately.

"The snake." I tell them my jaw clenched.

Granger buckles looking pale. "The snake?!" She shrieks in disbelief.

"You were supposed to be the smart one." Theo remarked with a frown looking disappointed.

"How can we ever get to the snake?" Potter questions looking terrified.

I look down at my watch. "Leave that to us."

"We cannot stay here. Keep the sword until we manage to separate Nagini from the Dark Lord." Draco instructs taking my hand and calling for Theo to follow.

Greg and Vince come lumbering after us. "They're attacking." They announced taking their place on either side of me. Through the window, we could see the Dark Lord's army clashing with the Hogwarts protection.

Draco nods wordlessly looking around our area for any enemies that might be hiding. The stone walls kept shaking and the ceiling felt like it would fall on top of us anytime. "Stick together until we find Marcus. He's the closest to the Dark Lord."

Explosions from all directions come and we all duck while Greg and Vince tried to shield us from the rubble with their bodies. I felt the terror and adrenaline fill my senses.

We join the battle striking any old Death Eaters that comes our way. The new Death Eaters acknowledge us with a nod and an instruction on where the others might be.

"The Shrieking Shack?" Theo shouts from the far corner of the hallway battling with a dementor.

Greg was on the floor wrestling with a monstrous looking spider. "Marcus is with him and Graham."

"He's keeping Nagini close with magical protections on." Vince adds trying to push back many more spiders that threatened to enter through the windows.

I let out a strangled gasp when I see a werewolf biting at a Ravenclaw student's neck. "Reducto!"

Draco tries to grab for me but I run to the body checking for a pulse and find none. Enraged, I send wordless dark curses at the unconscious werewolf until he was drowning in his own pool of blood. 

No one deserved to die by a rabid animal. I'm brought out of my remorse by thundering footsteps. I look up in panic gripping my wand tightly.

A large giant suddenly charges at us separating Draco and I from Theo, Greg and Vince with a swing of his mace. I groan when the massive looking creature charges for us again his mace almost maiming my arm. Draco jumps up from the rubble and casts a quick curse at the giant but it's deflected by the giant's thick skin.