30

I don't get to settle that long at the Emrys Manor because before I know it, my godfather takes us to Ireland

"You are not to sleep in those obscene dormitories for Quidditch players." He says firmly. "He might be dead but your grandfather would soon have my head if you even think of entering that filth."

I laugh at my godfather's disgust. "It's not a dormitory. Ireland provides the National Team a manor of sorts."

"Regardless," He drawls dispassionately.

"Yes, yes."

Severus rolls his eyes. "I've arranged for you to stay at a hotel. It is a mere five minute walk from the Quidditch pitch."

I frown. "You won't be staying?"

"As much as I would like to watch you fly around for hours, I am needed back in London. I have-" He pauses like he's debating on what to say. "-a few things I need to take care of. I will visit often."

-

The suite I will be staying in is a luxurious room with lush silk curtains and gold ornaments. There's an impressive foyer, a formal dining area and a massive living room complete with a shiny black grand piano and lavish furnitures.

It was fit for a noble.

Severus checks all the rooms and when he's finally satisfied with my suite and safety, he nods his head and bids me farewell.

-

I write to Draco that night, telling him about the suite and how empty it was. From his last owl, he's spending time with his family. They're teaching him the family business and taking him to business meetings.

Room service is brought to my room- Severus apparently arranged for meals as well. I eat at the dining table alone and overthink about my first training the next day.

It was still surreal that my grandfather even entertained the idea of his only blood train to become a Professional Quidditch player. It was like he was starring me away from the Ministry on purpose. He's voiced many times in my childhood that he wishes I was into something that gave more power to the Emrys name.

The next morning I wake at five in the morning. A wide assortment of breakfast pastries and fruits are already laid out on the dining table. I pull my hair up and tug on the green trainee Irish National Team jersey that was sent last night. It didn't fit very well- it was obvious trainees aren't usually in my small petite size.