34

"We could drown him in the toilets?" Greg offers bashfully

I was yet again at the Hospital Wing with all my friends. Madam Pomfrey had just successfully transfigured my body back to normal and I am livid. Literally shaking with rage.

Not because he turned me into a white ferret. No- I'm livid because he would use a spell like that on Draco. Never mind if I blocked it with my body.

"If it's any consolation, Professor Snape-"

"Why would you do that?" Draco snapped in a tone he would never use on me. "What were you thinking?!"

My eyes narrow at Draco. Was he being serious? "I was thinking of protecting you."

"I am not like that first year Slytherin you saved, Kallista." Draco mutters looking beyond angry. "What if it wasn't just a transfiguration spell? What if it hurt you badly?"

Draco never used my real name. I lean back feeling gutted and confused at the same time. How ungrateful was this boy? "A simple thank you would suffice."

"No, Kallista, you shouldn't have blocked the spell."

"I beg your-"

"You don't get it do you?" Draco roars running his hands through his silky blonde hair.

I clench my jaw repressing many nasty words from coming out. "No. I really don't." I say defiantly.

Draco casts a look at our friends and immediately they rush out of the Hospital Wing. He pulls a chair and sits on it taking a very long deep breath. "Kally, I would never forgive myself if something happened to you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"It was a transfiguration spell, Draco. Harmless." I tell him yet again.

"It's the action."

"The action? What are you on about?"

Draco sighs looking defeated. "Merlin, you're dense. The action of you taking a spell for me."

"What did you expect me to do? You were being attacked, Draco. Devoted and unified front right?"

He closes his eyes and when he opens them again the anger is gone. "Devoted and unified." Draco agrees reaching for my hand. "Not just a front."

-

"Is- is that Barty Crouch?" I whisper feeling suddenly very nauseous. We were on our way to Potions class when we saw the man that made me an orphan.

Daphne was by my side in an instant pulling my arm towards a different direction. "Let's go the long way today? It's a lovely day for a walk."

Draco and Blaise nodded hurriedly pushing me away from the hall while Greg and Vince block my view.

"It is quite a marvelous day." Theo says with a forced smile towards the pelting rain and thick mist. "Good for practicing our drying charms."