Voldemort's Last Memory

*to my other love, Tom Riddle*

The moment his spell collided with the young Kallista Emrys, Voldemort's vision started to blur and haze

The moment his spell collided with the young Kallista Emrys, Voldemort's vision started to blur and haze. All he could see was Kallista.

How he hated to point his wand at her in that way. If given a choice, Voldemort wouldn't have raised his wand at her and casted that blasted spell. Anyone else he who would have loved to kill but never her. Never Kallista. He couldn't do that.

The spell, however, was half hearted and the magic behind Unforgivable Curses is you have to mean it or it wouldn't work completely. That was a first for him.

Lord Voldemort frowns heavily as the bright colors from their combined spells created an enchanting look about the girl that betrayed him, Kallista Emrys.

He closed his eyes in regret.

Suddenly, he was Tom Riddle again in his Hogwarts Slytherin robes.

In Kallista's place was Kala

In Kallista's place was Kala. His beautiful Kala. Immediately, his chest warms at the sight of her alive and healthy. Her laugh fills his ears and he felt himself melt a little.

"Tom, you're so clever." She whispered her voice echoing softly making his breathing erratic.

Many years, he's tried to research on a way to forever keep his memories of Kala but with the monstrosity that he's done- with his humanity completely ripped apart and his soul shattered- he could barely grasp her memory. Not until, today.

"Kala." He manages to say. Tom sounded breathless and awestruck. Nothing like the Lord Voldemort we know.

Kala smiles at him. The way she always does when she sees Tom. "I've missed you."

The mere echo of her voice made his knees buckle and his posture slacken. The familiar warmth in his chest is welcomed. How he's missed her.

There's a bright light and suddenly he's in the Room of Requirement nose buried in a book. Kala had her head on his lap reading one of her father's books.

It was their paradise. Dark curtains draped over the tall windows, green flame from the fireplace and a luxurious black couch. It must have been his imagination but he could almost smell her and the warm fire.